NH Homesteader's first kidding season!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She's the one who hates dogs. That'll make getting LGD's easier! Lol

Lilly's doeling looks thin, but is eating and acting normal and bouncy. Gotta check her and mom out closer in the morning. Buckling looks good. She has fed triplets in the past, twins should not be an issue!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good plan! You might check her udder and make sure both sides are working well. Or maybe that doeling is so bouncy she's working it all off!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She sold! They're coming back to get them Friday. She's also going to disbud and tattoo everyone for me. And she bounced Bellini and she thinks she felt a baby. And she checked out Lilly's doeling and said she's fine, just smaller framed. She is a really smart goat lady, and I made a new friend! Lol she has full size alpines so she isn't afraid of Peppermint's attitude.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That. Is. Fantastic! A new friend, less goats for you, and she's going to help - SCORE!!!! I've always said goat folks are great people! She just proved it!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Right?? We gave her a deal to help with the disbudding, etc and it is going to save us a ton of money not bringing them to the vet. Good deals all around.

I might keep Lilly's baby. I don't know.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Great news all round! And look at your new avatar! I love it :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had to ditch Peppermint lol! And daydreaming about summer....

I know it is hard. I have to see what happens with Bellini before I make a decision anyway. But she's a doll, the doeling.