NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Or feeding animals so they can feed people! I would rather spend my money at the feed store than the grocery store, that's for sure.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would rather spend my money at the feed store than the grocery store

I DO :lol:

It's sad when the only places you have shopped in a couple weeks is TSC or Lowe's. :idunno The only reason I am in another store is because I have work there. Last week I actually went to a Big Lots and walked around to see what was there! Shocking. I went into a Target last year and almost had an anxiety attack. :hide

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never been to Target. We don't have one here- I think there's one in the southern part of the state. Our local feed store is amazing. Cheaper than TSC, better feed (Blue Seal and Green Mountain Organics), and I don't have to lift a single feed bag. Woohoo! TSC is now for fencing only.

My mom thinks I'm weird because after shopping for too long I start to lose it a little. I nearly yelled at some dude for standing too close to me in line (in my defense he was pretty much touching me). I've lost my social skills... I like goats better than a lot of people lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm not wild about shopping either. Much as I love having stocked cupboards, the people in the stores, the prices of some things, always forgetting important items and DS when he comes with me, driving me crazy…. I do love shopping for poultry supplies though ;)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When my oldest grand daughter was 2, I took her to TSC where we would play for hours. She could touch EVERYTHING and not break anything.

Feed stores smell better than grocery stores.