NH Homesteader's journal

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our daughter, her husband and 3 girls live in a 2 story house under 1200 square feet. If you fart in the kitchen, it can be smelled upstairs. It is small and the original owners thought a postage stamp was a good size for a closet. They have to be ruthless on culling the crap. Their rule is, if something comes in, something goes out.

Maybe you can start sneaking stuff in the trash....

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
A new baby = space needed for baby stuff, etc. Sounds like a good time to do some cleaning out and organising and selling the not-needed items = $$$ sounds appealing too ;)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah no that's so not going to happen, DH is not selling anything that could be useful someday lol! He did get me a free barn, and built most of our coops/outbuildings for pretty much free, all kinds of stuff with scrounged items. I'll give him that. I have a hard time getting rid of DD's stuff but I need to get some moved along!

We have under 1000 sq ft... The three of us and two 55-ish lb dogs. It's interesting...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Weeeell, sounds like his 'stuff' really is good stuff if it saves ya from needing to buy something new for every project!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some of it is. But its SOOOO much stuff! Piles of wood, piles of metal (he is a pretty decent welder also). He was fixing our hot water heater the other day and I told him if anyone in the world will survive the zombie apocalypse it's going to be him! Lol the guy can fix or make anything. I just need him to have a big shop or garage to put it all in so I don't have to look at it!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol someday... We have to figure out where we want to live first! The barn will actually be moveable the way he's building it but we won't be building anything else for a bit. We are going to have an issue if we are having a boy because we only have 2 bedrooms!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends baby sleeping in the parents' room for the first year anyway, so I'm not worried until a year from February lol

My husband also can put on an addition for cheap, his boss gets discounted materials and they can do it all themselves. So we'll see...