NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was so nervous about the meatie chicks last night. They of course have a heat lamp but it was in the 40's and I was not convinced they would be warm enough. They're all perky and pigging out today! My husband picked on me incessantly about my worrying but I'm neurotic about babies. I'll be the same with goats and pigs! Not neurotic about human babies, oddly enough. Guess my instincts are only good for people, lol

Brought DD to the town library today. Two of the people working there homeschooled their kids, so kinda made some connections if I need ideas, etc. Saw my midwife today, who also thinks homeschooling is awesome and sends her kids to a Waldorf school (obviously she can't homeschool, she's kinda busy!) I've heard a lot of negative attitudes about homeschooling lately so it's really nice to hear from people who totally support it and think it's awesome. Gave me more enthusiasm going into it!

Ultrasound in 1 week... Of course the gender isn't the purpose of the thing, but it's quite a lovely side effect!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woohoo! Just one more week! But, I thought today's appointment was THE day... :( Kinda bummed we've gotta wait another week....argh!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I needed a nice blouse. We went shopping. Everything was black or some shade of black. The only splash of color was a icky mustard and/or a dull green the color of a failed dill pickle. I gave up. EVERYTHING IS FUGLY.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I needed a nice blouse. We went shopping. Everything was black or some shade of black. The only splash of color was a icky mustard and/or a dull green the color of a failed dill pickle. I gave up. EVERYTHING IS FUGLY.

:yuckyuck

I'm not a fan of the current colors in style. I really loved the last set of stylish colors - aqua, turquoise, gray. those colors are showing up at goodwill now, so I'm good. :D

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am trying do find my motivation today. I need to tackle the clutter. We have a small house with not a ton of storage space and WAY too much junk. I just don't even know where to start! I also have a husband who freaks out when I get rid of anything, lol.

Friday I'll know if I have to keep all these piles of little girl clothes. I have received serious hand me downs from DH's family because they're all girls. It's going to be expensive if we have a boy!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wait until you start nesting, then motivation will find YOU! ;)

I can't wait to hear what sex the baby is :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I re-organized a cabinet in the kitchen. That's as far as I've gotten. It's just exhausting because my husband is a disorganized, mild hoarder with ADHD. And DD has entirely too much stuff. So 90% of the clutter isn't even mine! And I haven't even begun to stress about the outside junk that DH has collected. It's kind of suffocating, having crap everywhere.

I have a boy feeling but we'll see. We don't really care either way.