NH Homesteader's journal

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope you get the fox! Those rascal keep on coming back -- and slick as a whistle, grab & RUN!

My separator looks like the one you pictured at Lehmans but it is the electric model. Works great! If I don't get to milking I won't even need to use it again. :( Next week looks to be the last of the mad rush resets, so I'm looking at a work slowdown. Of course, with that the paycheck slows too. :D Today I did milk one doe, under xtreme protest!!, who has been nursing her now 14 month doeling!! YES, you read that right MONTHS, not weeks or days!

It also means I have to get hot on a pen for the kids to separate. The oldest are 6 wks now...youngest 3 wks.

Sounds like your eggs are doing well. I have 2 hens who insist they want to set. A local has Midget White turkey hatching eggs for sale. Tempted! They take 28 days, right? Then, there's that butcher day thing. Geeeesh.....the good and the bad of raising your own meats. :idunno

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are older ladies (who are slacking lol). This is good though - cuz now I can figure out who are the biggest slackers and ..umm.... do something about it.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! See I helped you out! DD1 says it's ok, she doesn't mind if you can only send 2 eggs. She's so funny.

Yes turkey eggs take 28 days. I've heard that the midget white are so friendly it's hard to bring yourself to put them in the freezer!

So, I read yesterday that this Justin Rhodes guy just had someone give him 2 AGH to raise. People in the AGH breeder world are excited because he's so popular, it could bring a huge awareness to the breed. Practice your marketing skills FEM, we could have a much wanted commodity soon :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've always wanted some Midget Whites too. Just what I need...add another species when I'm trying to cut back, lol. Sounds kinda like what I do...:he