NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! I know, it amazes me that eggs can survive shipping at all.

Pigs were moved yesterday, so they're loving life. I love these pigs. Even if we weren't using them for meat, I would have a couple as pets. They're cleaning up the weeds for me! They're friendlier than pot bellies, the pet market would love them. Not that I think most people should keep pigs as pets... But they're just great little creatures.

My Cornish hen is broody. I'll let her do that, anything she hatches goes in a stew pot!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But they're just great little creatures.
They really are. My big boar is the best. He came up to me for a belly rub the other day....just flopped down right in front of me and I swear I haven't rubbed his belly since he was a little guy. But, it was hot, I had a water hose and he wanted a rub - so he got one, lol!

Yay for broody! Hope she is successful. I've had several this year but not too much success. I've only got one baby out there but her mother is BRUTAL. Nothing gets near that baby!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my gosh. We went and bought tomato plants. And marigolds and some random flowers DD picked out. She charged us half price on 5 tomato plants, then gave us one to try. Then she wouldn't let us pay for any of the flowers so we got all this stuff for $5! She is obviously not making very much money lol. My husband is a friend of her son and apparently she's heard good things about him, and not horror stories lol!

My goats have been out in the rain eating brush all day. Their choice. Must be really good brush!

A woman who raises AGH is trying to get her hogs to stop flopping for belly rubs because they flop on her feet and knock her over. Lol... She's failing! Stanley doesn't trust us yet but Charlotte is a flopper!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah and then my husband went to help his friend with his car that died at his mom's house. The guy's stepdad gave DH a ton of perennial herbs we need to transplant today! I'd better get on that!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got tomatoes, herbs and marigolds transplanted. Started packing for our trip. And Stanley finally flopped for DH to give him a belly rub, he's pretty happy his pig likes him lol!

Few more animal things to deal with tomorrow, mostly moving feeders and waterers. Move the pigs back to where the stream is so they don't need to be watered. And more packing!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You've been busy!! I'm excited for your trip - vacay and new goats all rolled into one weekend! NICE!

Good boy, Stanley! So, when ya gonna have piglets? You will be amazed at how tiny and doggone cute they are!!