NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They have a while to grow first! I won't breed them for a year and a half, and the first year I'll just use Clifford. The woman will have unrelated bucks next year though so... We'll see!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't want another pig... I don't want another pig....

Dude offered us a registered gilt for $100... DH is considering it. We're considering it I suppose. Need to think about dropping a breeding project if we take on more pigs. I love pigs.... Hmm...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well that was easy. I think we're going to quit turkeys for a while and get another pig. Put turkeys on hold actually, not quit! And on to new adventures! Just joined the AGHA :)

Hooray for raising animals that will be your friend!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Look at ya'll!! Ya'll gonna be big time AGH breeders and I'll be able to say "I knew ya when..."
How exciting!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! I don't think we'll be big time. But we can't register piglets if we aren't members, unlike the ADGA or MDGA. I don't know, I guess we'll see what the AGH market is like here!

I need those baby goats to go quickly, I have entirely too many goats right now!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I listed them on but it's slow going for dairy goats here right now. Except pure Nigerians. And they're too small to eat. Maybe my prices are too high? Don't know.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Or two or three? Cause I have three and I posted with discounts for multiples!

Gotta get to the feed store today, seriously low on grain!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need to send my buyer your way! I am surprised that he didn't try to get me to come off my price - cuz that's what a lot of folks do. BUT - my price was as low as it could go: $5.00 for roosters; I sold him the 5 bucklings for $300.00 and only $40 for the wether. I think he knew better than to ask me to go lower, lol! The lady who bought the milking doe never even suggested that I go lower...but $150 for a trained milk goat is a darn good price even if she is a itty, bitty doe.

Gotta get to the feed store today, seriously low on grain!
Story of my life....

Latest posts