NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No nothing here is in the same place. Plants are opposite direction of where I'm going. Also DH likes to help make plant choices!

DD1 has a cold. What the heck? It's June!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD1 has a cold. What the heck? It's June!
That is NOT cool...geeze.

Ok - it's been 25 days since I separated the Lavender Orps so I'm collecting eggs for you now. I got three yesterday. Generally I've only been getting two eggs every other day so not great production out of these old ladies. But, they definitely should be fertile with two roo's and only 5 hens in the pen. Hope they get a little busier!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was unhappy about ordering turkeys because you have to buy 15 so it was $200+ I was about to fork over... And then someone in my town posted Narragansett poults on FB for $12 each! We're going to get 4 or 5 tomorrow! And... The ones we aren't keeping will be butcher ready for Thanksgiving!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sigh. Bellini has loose poops. Not like diarrhea/scours, just kinda loose. Of course it's Friday evening. She is acting normal, eating normal, drinking fine and running and jumping around. All I have for dewormer is safeguard and ivermectin. I tried to look for other dewormer today actually and, nothing. So I gave her safeguard and less grain than normal, and pulled her kids like normal. Will assess in the morning. She did get too much grain this morning because I fed her twice on accident, lol. But they haven't been dewormed in a while either.

Also, Patty's buckling is officially being weaned and it's giving me a migraine. The screaming!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your parents are selling their business and home? Are they moving to another state? Things are a changing around you. Feral cats.....:tongue Maybe a couple are ok, but 20+? I'd get out the 22.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Closing the business, not selling. And moving but nearby. Taxes....

The turkey lady disappeared on me... Lame.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh - stupid turkey lady!

On a brighter note - I've got 7 eggs collected for you so far. I'll collect a few more days and then ship early enough that they should get there before next weekend!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay! Yeah we leave Friday late morning so that'll work. DD is super excited!! You are going to make her day :)

Latest posts