NH Homesteader's journal

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope the pig gets caught! The always return for food. :D

So another post had some "odor" discussions and this came to mind about my AGHs. They did NOT stink like most hogs. Oh, they had an odor but about 90% less than other breeds I have seen, owned and been around. Even their potty area wasn't stinky.

Have you & FEM noticed this? It was a pleasant surprise. If real rainy, a little stronger but, overall waaaaay less.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mine are actually in my backyard right now and I don't smell anything! I even have windows open.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
True - no odor from these guys like other hogs I've had. Now if they are confined and the area is muddy - yes. But even then nothing like the other breeds I've had.

Wish I could have windows open!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Really? They don't stink? I haven't had a bad problem with smell, always had them on about an acre. But now they are in a much smaller area, they have their potty corner, it's so dry there is no smell.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My mom, who is very sensitive to (and irritated by) farm smells, can't believe she can't smell them when she's visiting.

Someone is buying the 70+ acre lot across the road from me, sounds like a developer. My peace and quiet may be disappearing. Though my neighbors' loser adult son is ruining most of the quiet around here anyway, but more houses isn't cool with us!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Someone is buying the 70+ acre lot across the road from me, sounds like a developer
Oh nooooo! That stinks. Years ago there was talk that a subdivision was going to go in right across the street from me in the empty cow pasture. But, as luck would have it, the property was tied up in probate for years and nothing changed. We are now getting a big subdivision about 2 miles from us and I'm starting to get worried about the land opposite of us again. And, "they" call it "progress" - UGH!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh is right!

So, Bellini is out milking her sister! She's a FF too and Mimosa is a 2F. I'm happy with Miss Bellini! Gotta move those kids though, they're stealing my milk!

My stepdad closed his business and he has all these 4'x7' metal panels he no longer needs, so he's giving them to us. It'll make Clifford's buck pen! We were going to use either pallets (which we can get for free) or cattle panels, but this is better! Yay free stuff!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Go Bellini! She sure sounds like a keeper!

Way to go on the metal panels - I love free stuff!

No word on the pig???