NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love her. This pig is my favorite, shhh don't tell the others. She's still pretty nervous but she's so stinking cute. I might claim her as my pig... Lol!

I cleaned my car to the best of my ability this morning. She mostly peed in the crate so car isn't too bad! Good thing Clara finally grew up enough to be trusted when we leave the house because her crate now belongs to the livestock!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know, my phone is lame. DH is supposed to be calling for Wi-Fi soon... I need it for DD's schooling. And pig pictures, obviously!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I still have had zero inquiries about the kids. Mimosa's are almost 14 weeks old and they need to go! She's slowing down a little so I need to wean them and start milking twice a day. I don't currently have anywhere to put them is the problem. Maybe we'll set up Clifford's new pen and put the kids there for a bit... Hmm...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
NO car should have pee in it :sick Vinegar in a spray bottle should help some with the smell.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got a lowball offer for the kids. And I don't think this is a keeper buyer. Don't wanna take it but they're drinking all my milk! Lol! We'll see... Being a farmer is hard sometimes, go figure. But keeping these ones is NOT an option. I have no space and they're mostly Nigie. That and they're not even friendly. Oy. What do you do? Very nice of us farmers to shield people from reality, isn't it?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Very nice of us farmers to shield people from reality, isn't it?
Right!

It's hard to sell 'em when they don't go to the ideal home. :( But, sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do... Or hope somebody else comes along real quick!

I'm only milking ONE goat now and I'm wondering if I can milk her through. I need to space my kids out better so I can milk one until I need a break and dry her up - but have a doe with kids waiting to fill that space when I'm ready to start milking again.