NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know! I told the vet I might be neurotic but I don't have Toltrazuril so I'm bringing her in! And I get to bring both DD's and a 45 pound, non lead trained baby goat to the vet. Yay? Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay - that sounds like fun....or not. Any chance mom could babysit? Forty-five lbs is a lot to be yanking you around on the end of the lead - yikes!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ha well the vet has a side room you can access from outside so I'll hope I get that one! My nephew is coming tomorrow night and my mom really wants some down time before he arrives. He's exhausting!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well we've got some coccidia with a side of barber pole. Perfect eyelid color, proves FAMACHA isn't the end all (not that I thought it was). Got some meds for both girls, back in 2 weeks for fecals. I had them run a fecal on Bellini just out of curiousity, she was all clear. Happy I quarantined! Other than eggs in the fecal she said Lucy looks fantastic. That used up all the money I made on kids this week, Sheesh!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So glad you took her in! Yep - FAMACHA isn't perfect for sure - and by the time they look really pale you've got some problems. Yay on Bellini!

Yep - that money didn't stay in your hand very long - eeek!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH has requested that we keep Patty as a pet and to raise meat babies. And he also requested that as soon as the GG's are ready to breed, Mimosa and Bellini go away lol. They're so awful on the stand, Bellini in particular. And they're not even friendly. I told him I will take his request under consideration! He does do a large amount of the work and pays the bills so.... Fair enough That's a year and a half away anyway!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Little Lucy! Today's cleaning day, ignore their messy pen please
20180623_082710.jpg

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, ever since I was in my first trimester, so like a year ago, holy cow... Anyway... I can't eat chicken. It makes me nauseated. I'm so glad we aren't raising meat birds, cause when the cook can't eat something, it doesn't show up on the menu very often! Made a chicken dish tonight that smelled amazing, but I ate a couple bites and felt sick. Ugh!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, don't push it. May go away over time. Oddly, when I was preggers, there were things I could not eat then, nauseated, but foods I loved and could eat once again after birthing.

With son, crabs (we have blue crabs here on coast) and with daughter, pizza. Those foods are favorites for each of them, respectively. :idunno

Strange things can happen with all the hormonal changes.

Obviously he likes Patty ;) Mimosa & Bellini "may" improve on the stand. If not, well, a milk goat who won't milk has limited use -- especially if you only want them to milk. Yeah, I'd give that some consideration.