NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother do you know the dosing for cydectin? It's labeled for sheep, wasn't sure if it's different for goats! and do I treat again in 10 days? Just got it in the mail, have to see what we can do about these Guernseys. Gidget seems ok, Lucy not so much. Gidget's eyelids are still pink. If she's more resistant than I thought, she can be Patty's barn buddy. I'll see what the fecal says after the cydectin. And we'll get a weight on her today. Holding out a little hope for her.

Going to be 39 degrees tonight! We're higher elevation than the center of town so I'm covering my tomatoes!

DH put up a third strand of electric around Stanley's pen. It's working beautifully. Good thing!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Saw this on FB... Is this my future? Lol!
Screenshot_2018-09-08-06-34-30-1.png

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
22940_L_vvs_000.jpg

Gosh sorry from the huge (pic credit to Valley Vet).

Is this what you got? If so, I give 3cc's per hundred pounds of goat and I give it orally. Sounds yuck - but they don't seem to mind it too much. I usually do it again in 10 days - sometimes life intervenes...:(

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Um I got the sheep drench from Jeffers. I'm not home now but I think it said 1cc/11 lbs for sheep maybe ?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH really doesn't want me to get rid of any goats. Sheesh dude. alright! The gg's will get cydectin today and we hope for the best. Lucy looks alright today, her eyes aren't any lighter and she came running when we went to see them. In that case, I'm butchering both wethers this fall and Clifford can live with Patty til she kids. He was fine in with the does when they kidded last year, so I'm not worried. I still want my sheep though! Just 2 ewes for now. Will ask DD's fiber class teacher where to find Shetlands on Monday.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He and Clifford are BFF's lol! He loves the dude. Alright, if he's happy paying for their feed then sure .

I found a dosage chart for goat wormers. I was trying to upload it but it won't work. grr

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just had a lamb roast. Didn't love it. Didn't hate it, but definitely didn't love it. DD and DH liked it. DD says pork is her favorite lol. Can't blame the kid there! can't wait to try the goat.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hmmmmm……. maybe cook it a little differently next time? Different seasonings or a different method of cooking?