NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, minus the diarrhea (thank God for that! Lol) I read that goat milk has less lactose but still has it. When I have goat milk products I primarily notice the nausea, when I have cow milk products I seem to have all the other stuff too.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, minus the diarrhea (thank God for that! Lol) I read that goat milk has less lactose but still has it. When I have goat milk products I primarily notice the nausea, when I have cow milk products I seem to have all the other stuff too.
Ugh on all that! Does yogurt do it to you too?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't eat it very often, honestly. I don't really like it, and only eat it when I make myself lol. So I don't know, but I'll try it after a bit and pay more attention!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Confession - I did not like my homemade yogurt. I prefer super thick yogurt and it just didn't happen.

DH smoked a hock for me today, going to make white bean and ham hock soup tomorrow. Yum!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish mine would get thicker - but the taste is nice - especially when you add some blueberries or a touch of maple syrup. I gotta stop talking about food!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol I am not helping either!

Did the dump run and library trip today. DD1 got a book about rabbits, I told her she has to research them before she can get one. Then she and DH have to build a hutch!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's going to be her responsibility and her pet. Whether she likes it or not (kidding, lol she'll be fine). Except in winter when it's horribly cold I don't always make the kids go outside for chores. Like -20 is just too much!

As usual for library day, DD1 is lost in her books. She's already finished two.