NH Homesteader's journal

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Things are coming together nicely! I'm happy for you.. That extra space sounds amazing and NO mold!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On another note, though we have property that typically drains quite well, we have finally reached maximum water capacity and my driveway and yard are a mud pit. The pigs are muddy messes, I quit on the chicken pen and let most of them free range. I think we got 2" of rain last night. So gross. And more expected today and most of this week :( yuck.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome to my world...:(

Hope you dry out. Will all the mud and muck be an issue with getting a new home delivered?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nah it'll freeze by then. At least I have that to look forward to, lol. It's not mud at least!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! So, is the concrete a foundation to set the DW on? I've seen people pour runners and I've seen them pour an entire slab... In fact, in front of my house, where we park the vehicles is a slab that had a mobile home on it before the house was built. It's really kinda nice, lol. Concrete sure has ways of making life easier - maybe I should concrete my entire pasture.... beats mud any day!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In NH we have to have a slab with hurricane tie downs, and both must be done by someone certified. Luckily DH works part time with a friend who does slabs. So they're tying into our slab and pouring for the size difference. We'll gain 350sqft and have space for our outdoor boiler to be on concrete. Woohoo!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Making venison stew for dinner. Yum! Can't wait for rifle season, starts 11/14. I just wish we had a doe season, so much more mild meat!

DH is working on clearing so we can put gravel down where we need to pour the slab. His dad is going to look at another place tomorrow. .. DH assured me if his dad promised a place he'll make it happen. I'm trying to not be anxious! Lol