NH Homesteader's journal

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:D I see a new home coming soon!! Hey, no Fall cleaning -- just move in! Would be nice if he'd just make up his mind on THE one so you could make plans!

We have a doe season here. I don't hunt. Could probably get some venison from neighbor but, just put that goat in and really don't need the meat. Esp with these excess roos being harvested this week. Hope to can most of that but, still meat to eat! My OLD cat will be thrilled with the scraps from the bone broth carcasses. :lol: He's apparently in retirement because he sure isn't hunting any mice -- lazing around and waiting to be fed! An old feral tom who moved in 18 years ago, as an adult...and would not leave. I rehomed him 3 times, last one took him 3 days to get back. As he glared at me thru the back door window that morning he got back, I just gave up and he's been here since.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well he's trying to find us a deal so we can get the bigger place for the price of the smaller place! But he will be making a decision by the end of the week I hope. We don't care, other than which side of the house the bedrooms are. I don't want the kids rooms on the woods side.

I think we're going to sell our chicken processing equipment. I can't stand chicken since I was pregnant, DD1 doesn't like it either. We'll just stick to butchering extra roos and it's easier to skin them, take the breasts and freeze them , and make the rest into soup. No sense keeping $2,000 worth of equipment when we never use it. Most of our meat consumption is pork. And venison, when we have it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think we're going to sell our chicken processing equipment. I can't stand chicken since I was pregnant, DD1 doesn't like it either. We'll just stick to butchering extra roos and it's easier to skin them, take the breasts and freeze them , and make the rest into soup. No sense keeping $2,000 worth of equipment when we never use it.

Sounds like a good idea! Extra money is nothing to turn down. You might want some extra goodies to go with a new house!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He wants a Coolbot so we can butcher pigs year round so maybe we'll start with one of those...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol yes, it would be! FIL is coming tomorrow with someone to do a site check... I don't know if that means he found a place or what, I'm getting a little stressed out here. I just want it all done! Sigh.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish I was closer, I'd buy your chicken equipment! I see more chicken pluckin' in our future LOL. What is a Coolbot?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So... They're looking at an even bigger place than before. The guy won't talk prices until he sees how hard of a set up it will be. Should know more tomorrow evening!

A Coolbot tricks your air conditioner to run down below 40 degrees. You use it to make a cooler for at home butchering.

DH and I are thinking pork and venison are good enough meat sources for us. Our venison stew was AMAZING!

Latest posts