NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
True. And if she won't take, she can live with Stanley when I don't want the other one bred. Her registered name is Fatso. How rude is that? We need a better name for her, she's too cute for that name lol. Rosie? Maybe we'll call her that ... haha

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh...that kinda sucks! My fences don't get frozen into the ground - but if it's wet enough a flea can knock 'em over, lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol different problems!

Power just went out. The storm barely started! ugh! Lucky the goat is lucky again, DH is headed to start the generator and his heat lamp is part of the mission!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh yuck on losing power! But, for whatever reason - we lost power today. I kept getting notices on my phone that they were working on the power outage at or near my address. Of course, today was the most gorgeous day we've had in ages...a little windy but a lot of sun.

So glad you have a generator. If not, I could see ya'll all piled up together with Lucky in the middle!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone in NH can survive without a generator! It's cold! Lol

We lose power constantly. Storm, no storm, sun, no wind... It's annoying. But my parents power company, they pretty much only lose power on random sunny summer days lol. Bizarre.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well that storm was over-forecasted. They said 6-12"... there's maybe 3" out there with a little ice on top. I'm not complaining, I'm ready for spring!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Patty and Lucky are doing great. He's going in the warming barrel to nap, and is nursing from both sides. Keep that up little dude!