North or South?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
big brown horse said:
Bee, that sounds like heaven! No wonder John Denver was so happy in WV!!
Well...that and a little Mary Jane! ;) :D Loved John Denver, BTW! :love When I look around at the scenery I think I can actually hear some of his music..... :)
No, that was just a Rockie Mountian High!! ;)

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Amos, I'm sure Arkansas is a wonderful state but I'm a Bama guy (Roll Tide) not an Arkansas razorback. thanks for putting me on the map though.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
If you look on UncleJe's map, I am inbetween where it says Detroit and London (although since I am in Canada, Windsor is on the other side of the border from Detroit). I am right on the "r" of Ann Arbor.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
OK Amos, since you have too much time on your hands, maybe you can do something I haven't been able to figure out. Since we have over 1000 members, as 2 dream said, " It's going to be a full map before long". I was trying to break it down into 6 regions but the quality of the map degraded to the point where you couldn't read it. I went out and got a map of the northeast but could only get one in PDF and couldn't open it in paint to be able to edit it. Any ideas?
I think I got this one uncle joe. I've been playing with Google Maps. Check it out. Its not complete, but its coming along.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...=40.647304,-96.943359&spn=29.433537,56.25&z=4

Now, I have too much time on hands, Amos! :lol:

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
unclejoe said:
OK Amos, since you have too much time on your hands, maybe you can do something I haven't been able to figure out. Since we have over 1000 members, as 2 dream said, " It's going to be a full map before long". I was trying to break it down into 6 regions but the quality of the map degraded to the point where you couldn't read it. I went out and got a map of the northeast but could only get one in PDF and couldn't open it in paint to be able to edit it. Any ideas?
I think I got this one uncle joe. I've been playing with Google Maps. Check it out. Its not complete, but its coming along.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...=40.647304,-96.943359&spn=29.433537,56.25&z=4

Now, I have too much time on hands, Amos! :lol:
That is awesome, Tabitha, if you don't mind, I'll make the link a sticky at the top of this forum so we can all find it easily!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Thats a lot better than my scrawny map, I thought bout the google map but I've no idea how to do it, thanks T.

Sorry Firem3.. hard to read on the map. I'll have you know, I got a D on the 50 state test in 5th grade, I'm really bad at maps.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, Amos, you gave me the idea :)
I wouldn't call your map scrawny! You took the time to do it, and I used yours to make the google map. I had to use google maps to chart my company's customers a few months ago, so I'm over that learning curve.

Don't disparage anything you do unless its wrong or really bad for you, like smoking.

:hugs

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am in the Midwest in the state of Missouri. Missouri is near the center of country. We get 4 seasons here. Hot humid summers, beautiful mild autumns, cold winters, and springs that vary with stormy and mild weather. I am originally from the Chicago area which is north of where I am now and thankfully winters here are nowhere near as cold as up in Chicago. However my husband is from down south in Louisiana and our summers are as hot and humid as down there but they don't last as long.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
Well, Amos, you gave me the idea :)
I wouldn't call your map scrawny! You took the time to do it, and I used yours to make the google map. I had to use google maps to chart my company's customers a few months ago, so I'm over that learning curve.

Don't disparage anything you do unless its wrong or really bad for you, like smoking.

:hugs
Oh darn, you should have told me that ages ago! :he

Kidding, but my mother on the other hand.. Lol.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am in Oregon - the state just north of California, and south of Washington. On henny's map you can see two highway lines over in the west going from south to north, one on the coast, and one a bit inland. I live about a third of the way up from the Calif. state line, on the inland one. There is a range of hills between us and the coast, and another higher range to the east - the Cascades. We have a mild winter here - if we get snow at all it only lasts a couple of days at the most. Rains a lot though, though not as much as up in Washington. Our summers can get hot, but the humidity level is low so it isn't bad. Lots of agriculture around here, and we have an up and coming wine area. Before we moved here we lived and worked in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I grew up on the coast south of there.