Nourishing Traditions

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Raw milk it is, Kurtis, and from cows raised without any garbage in their diets.

Interestingly enough I picked up the Sunday paper last night and there's an article about another dairy in Bridgewater applying for permission to sell raw milk, so there's a real push among local dairies to be able to sell raw milk again. The demand is there.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My book is coming in the mail today and I can't wait to dive into it. I have no source for raw dairy though - at least until we get our own.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I just ordered a copy from Amazon. I can't wait to read this. Don't guess I will be posting on the How Did You Save Today forum. LOL

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
2dream, you will be, because this book will give you more ways to save money, believe me!

Javamama, that is why we now have two new goats. Mya paid off her purchase price already and is quickly paying off the vet bills we had for her. Six months into her lactation she is still giving 3 quarts a day!

FD, I will PM you.

Reinbeau, I will be happy to give you some. I have one local person to check in with to see if she wants them next, then you can be bumped up on the list. The local gal is in school right now, so she may want to wait.

Kstaven, that is SO generous and nice of you!!!!

I threw some whey and salt into a bunch of cuke peels and seeds and ends from dicing for a big batch of fermented cucumber salsa last night. I am fermenting garbage now! Mya needs some, though. And I don't give her huge piles of cucumber waste, so it would've been tossed. Now it will keep a long time, and I can give her a little every day and help her get even more from her food.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
LOL, have you posted that on the "WHat are you fermenting" thread?? ~ Goat food! :cool:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I've found that the listings on some of those sites, for grass-fed meat, too, are out-of-date. Or maybe the person's e-mail address or other contact info has changed. I didn't have much success with those two or the kefir-share sites. But that is here in Western MA.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I've found that the listings on some of those sites, for grass-fed meat, too, are out-of-date. Or maybe the person's e-mail address or other contact info has changed. I didn't have much success with those two or the kefir-share sites. But that is here in Western MA.
Ditto here in Eastern CT.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I went to the real milk website and called a few folks around here. Nobody wanted to call me back.

I asked the goat lady (who is giving the cheese class) if she would sell raw milk. She said she her insurance co wouldn't allow it. I'm sure when I get to know her she will sell me some for my "animals". But she seemed a bit apprehensive to talk to me about it at the farmer's market.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
She is not sure if you are a milk nazi! Give her time and develop the relationship. I won't sell milk to anyone who is not a close friend.