Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok, well, I have a blue slate hen, and if I decide I wanna sucker someone into taking her, you're the first sucker I'm calling. :p

Seriously. She's a PAIN in the *bleep*. :rant

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Don't you just love a 30.06??? :love

My BF told me that it sounded like a cannon going off when I killed my buck Saturday, she was sitting in a stand the next ridge over :gig

Love that gun. :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i'm totally a sucker for turkeys! our tom will calm that little lady down..he really keeps them in line

yep! love guns that go BOOM!
ps Lori - you look great with that buck! whoot!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I can't believe I just found this thread!!! And you have a title already...this bodes well for the community! :lol:

Welcome to the wonderful world of journaling! :D :woot I really loved your OP!!!! :ya

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Ok, well, I have a blue slate hen, and if I decide I wanna sucker someone into taking her, you're the first sucker I'm calling. :p

Oh, Aly! I can't believe I didn't see your new title before this.....sooooooo love it! I miss James Herriott..... :( :hit

I think it's time for me to have a new title also.....but not quite sure what it should be?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Quail_Antwerp said:

Oh, Aly! I can't believe I didn't see your new title before this.....sooooooo love it! I miss James Herriott..... :( :hit

I think it's time for me to have a new title also.....but not quite sure what it should be?
I am surprised that your title is not Joel's Girl!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks Bee!!

i love all the new titles too!! i like mine :)

arent you Ohio gals lovin the warm weather!?!?!?? i'm going to go and put on shorts to finish up the day outside!!!

:)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The weather has been fantastic! Doesn't get much better for Ohio in November. I've still got swiss chard growing! And weeds galore! :p
That said, I really don't mind snow and cold weather at all. As long as it isn't wet and soggy. I like a dry, cold winter with a little snow.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Holy crap I just read this entire blog and am still wiping the tears of laughter from my eyes!!! I can't wait to read more! I love your wit, your sarcasm, and your view of country living....keep it up girl, you've got a fan base! :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
So i thought i'd do a little intro of the malcontents.. i mean, of all the furred and feathered folks here at the ol' home stead. we were chatting the other day about cats on the Christmas decoration's thread so i figured i'd start by introducing The Insane Cat Posse

first i'd like to say that i didnt start out being a crazy cat lady. i had two cats when i arrived in The Good Land. TWO older, well behaved cats (my girls were almost 15 years old). he had two younger boy cats. we figured they would fight it out and establish a peace. they did and everything was going along just fine. total of four cats = doable

ahhhh... but i hadnt expected the dumping factor. the country. where people come from miles around to drop off their pets when they are tired of them or cant afford them anymore.

you know that beautiful, manicured farm that city folk drive by and think, "yes, this is it - i'll drop Fluffy off here and she can live right here on this nice farm"???

yeah well. that guy is two lanes down from us and he don't take 'em. so instead all the misfit cats come on down to the, apparent-to-them neon flashing sign above our house that reads:

ALL UNWANTED CATS. PLEASE COME HERE. BUT ONLY SHOW UP IF YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF MENTAL DEFECT OR VERY EXPENSIVE VETERINARY PROBLEM.

so our tidy "four" cats grew exponentially. it doenst help that we have 'frequent patient' points at the vet - she gives us a heck of a discount as a kind of pay off so we dont try and leave these wanderers with her.

in fact, of all the cats - and we passed the rational number of cats a long long time ago - we intentionally went out and got only one. our vet suckered us into taking one of their dropped off kittens as a playmate for our bottle raised baby kitten. the vet said the bottle baby would we 'weird' if she didnt have a similar age playmate. that guy should be selling used cars. sheesh! the kitten we got (Pepper) turned out to be the weirdest one of them all. i swear Pepper can see into other dimensions and is in regular contact with The Mother Ship. and she didnt help our bottle baby at all - she is equally weird. but in other ways.

anyway

as i was saying in the other thread - being surrounded in a constant sea of cats i have 3 wishes that will just never come true:

1. to eat a plate of food without being swarmed by felines
2. to be able to go to the bathroom ALONE and without anyone trying to crawl under the door
3. to wake up for once without someone's litter box paws in my mouth.

i would LOVE that but it didnt happen today, didnt happen yesterday, and tomorrow isnt looking good either.

we've come up with ways to outwit them. during the winter we have a heated mattress cover for the bed. we just flip on that sucker to "high" and its an instant cat magnet. i can actually be ALONE for a few minutes. in fact, i'm going to go and turn it on. right now i have Little Mo in my lap, Nicholas is tormenting the dogs, Teddi Grumpkins is pawing at my futilely with her clawless paws (it should be a caning offense to dump a older, toothless, declawed cat), and i just heard a suspicious crashing sound from the other room. i'd better go check it out....

here are some of them. from the other day, titled "Hey Honey - do you know where the cats are?"

1173_5_cats_on_bed2.jpg