Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks! there's nothing better than a good dog.

i never thought i'd have big MALE dogs tho - its kinda like being around teenage boys all day long. and lets call a spade a spade - thats only really interesting if you are a teenage girl.

honestly!

with all the 'my stick is better than yours', punching each other in the arm (or in this case - biting each other on the head), and fart jokes i might as well be living in a frat house.

i'm waiting for the day i come home to find The Big Man and those two dogs all sitting on the couch in their boxers, drinking beer, eating something from the 'itos' food group, and watching football. sheesh!!!

and yeah - after we worked with Lucky all this time... predictably... the family wanted him back. we said no way and sadly they are ruining another dog right now. and we are not taking that one.

by the time Shady passes on to her reward we think we'll have enough livestock to warrant a real Livestock Guardian Dog - and wow do i have my eye on an Anatolian Shepherd

:)

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
WOW! What a great read....I actually got goosebumps...when you said.."Guard Momma!" I can envision to beautifull dogs...doing just that! They are beautifull!!! Lucky you!
I had goosebump too - waiting to see if you were about to be hurt or not :/ You write really well. Good smart dogs are wonderful to have around and it doesn't hurt that your are easy on the eyes :love

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
honestly they've saved my bacon a couple of times.... not only with all these crazy critters but with the two legged kind too.

when my man was working he was over an hour away so i was alone a lot. a couple times we had strangers pull in the lane - but no one had the you-know-whats to actually get out. i just tell 'em to 'stay in your truck, friend.'

over the years i've had a couple folks ask if Ti's just really a big baby.. no honey, that dog is pretty serious.

the good news is that he is so well mannered. friends and family dont have any problem - and he is very careful around chicks and baby ducks. which is very cute. that rooster has to watch his P's and Q's tho.....

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Great story! You do a great job at painting the picture :)

Your dogs are beautiful and sound incredible.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
They sound wonderful :love You will be safe with them looking out for you and they have so much more personality than any alarm system.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Excellent tale of cats and dogs! :D Love your prose and your humor! And the dogs are lovely, lovely, lovely..... :love There is just no substitute for a really good dog, is there? I had one once.... :(

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Lordy, its taken a while but I just finished reading this whole journal. Every line. Still laughing. Great looking dogs, I love the cats and your journal is going to be a fun place to spend a few minutes every day. What a way with words you have.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
its SNOWING!! SNOWING!!!

man hate that snow. they said it wasnt sticking but it kinda is here... wow i cant believe it. we let everyone outside, then ran inside and stoked up the fire. happily for The Big Man, we really arent doing anything today so i'm going to go and plant myself on the couch.

and i'm never eating another carb again. ever. seriously. i was completely overloaded with sugar and white flour yesterday. later on i'm going to brave the snow and go and get some greens out of the garden. aside from that i think i need to fast. except for coffee. a lot of coffee.

other wise not a bad TDay. but i realized that everything i ate yesterday was either white, yellow, or beigey-brown. except for the shockingly orange 'sweet potatoes' that couldnt possibly be found in nature. the horror.. the horror....