Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Looked like spring here today. Gary decided to till the fence row where we plant beans and the chickens decided to help. They came down the driveway carrying a sign that said, "Will work for chickenfeed", so he put them to work.

1343_garden_2011_008.jpg

1343_garden_2011_002.jpg

Happy Sunday evening everyone. Almost bedtime for this old sleepyhead.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Spring?

*looks back and forth, holds finger up to wind, and takes a couple sniffs of almost-spring air......*

Now we will REALLY cheer up OFG........

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Abi....It's hard for me to find the time in the AM to make myself a nice meal like that. Between getting myself and little g ready for school, making lunches and getting the animals set for the day I barely make it out the door in time. I usually wait and have breakfast at my desk at work (ceral, bagel, something of that sort).

Cute pic kcsunshine! I sure wish it looked like that around here!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks everyone... unfortunately, to add insult to injury, i dont think our Barnee can be buried - we are a frozen muddy mess. i hate to put her out with the trash... but i dont even think i can get a burnpile going to send her off viking style. ugh.

and for the record, i like non-crispy bacon
:)

KC i love your hens walking along! i always have 'helpers' with me too. some of the older hens figured out that if i'm digging there will be worms.

hey WZ! we saw a robin yesterday!

but not that you could tell today.. its SO WINDY out there that i think i just saw a chicken tumble by!

but

yesterday i was outside IN SHORTS so hopefully this stupid winter is just about over. coldish today but warming up later this week!!!

so for now i'm gonna tie Kai to a leash so she doesnt go flying away and see if there is anything work i can do outside.

remember when it was summer and EVERYONE was happy? sigh...... soon.. hopefully soon......

happy monday everyone!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's an awesome photo KC! I still love chickens, even though they are really dumb sometimes :p

OFG, it's winds of change. I hope it blows the crazy out my life.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i'm gonna go outside then and let it blow all the crazy out of me. i might be there a while

;-)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you and Tony would get along well, he loves non-crispy also----I try so hard to pull it off the pan the way he likes it! :)

me I gotta have it black and snaps when bit

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I gotta have my bacon crispy because chewy hurts my teeth.