Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I do KFC once in a blue moon. Just ain't the same when I was a kid and ate it LOL but hubby loves it. Yea $10 for 10 piece bucket is a great deal actually. And ya don't have to cook !! :p

We just got back from Ryans for breakfast. All ya can eat. Decent food. Not wonderful but hubby goes insane and ate so much so I got every penny's worth lol

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
By the way, 30 dollars for Strongid seems really high. How much does the dog weigh again? That seems really high.

You'd think for the money they would have at least given you Drontal, that kills all worms except heartworms. Perhaps they wanted to just get the roundworms with this dose so that the dead worms don't cause intestional blockage (saw a dog die of that, too). Strongid only kills roundworms if I'm remembering my worms correctly.

They always worm dogs with coccidiosis so I should have anticipated that one for you and had you prepared to say "I already have strongid at home, what dose?"....sorry. But I would have thought they would have given you the Rx wormer, Drontal. Not any cheaper but it is what I've seen used for cocci and darn good stuff.

Personally I feel it is good to hit all your dogs with a wormer like Drontal once a year. That is why I was so surprised the goat folks didn't think worming "just because" is a good idea, because with dogs they are almost sure to have worms using a wide spectrum wormer once a year is very cost effective.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Happy Sunday, OFG ;) Hope you made it to church!

I am making sure I have a QUIET weekend ;) Barely even online. Curled up and reading is about the extent LOL.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Family dollar had seeds 4 / $1.00 and I got a couple packs somewhere else. Thought I'd pass the word since many of the seed types are open pollinated- even if they don't label them as heirloom.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
How do you know? Does it say right on the package, or what? I've never really paid that much attention b4 to what kinds of seeds I've gotten.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I looked at a few websites that specialize in heirloom seeds and have the Bakers creek catalog. :love I recognized some of the seed variety's names from those. You probably get more seeds per packet in the fancy brands, but my garden is small anyway. I usually end up sharing extra seeds. Sometimes they will say heirloom somewhere on the packet too.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Guess I'll have to pay closer attention.