Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha! you said it FD! as we were driving back from the vet we were saying "he'd better have something really BAD for what that cost!

ha!

i heard from my pal - they are with the parents. i feel so bad for her.
:-(

java serve me up a sloppy jose and a big drink too.
;-)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hubby went to TSC this morning to get the slider rail for the barn door and said they have chicks AND rabbits....I'm in trouble. *no more animals, no more animals* :lol:

That reminds me, I need to get together a duck order for holderreads.... :hide

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
yeah our TSC has chicks (big'uns and bantams.. I don't have any bantams... hmmm), ducklings (OH. MY. GOODNESS!) and rabbits (thus I am asking rabbit questions :D ).

Your friend is lucky to have you while she goes through such a hard time.

Hope Lucky gets all better sooN!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh jeesh, so sorry to hear about your friends home. I hope no one was hurt?
I heard our TSC has chicks, bunnies, ducks. Nope, I will NOT drive into the next town to "just look" :p I think I am lucky its 30 minutes from us, and gas prices are up..so, I just filled 2 bators. :lol: One with chicken eggs..the other with duck eggs.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
We were thinking alike today. I just bought 32 packs of seeds and only spent $ 10.00 on them. :ya Lots of the el cheapo seed packets and small amounts of the open pollinated types of seeds anyway. Now I gotta run and do seed inventory. :weee
I skipped the peat pots. I've been saving soda bottles and going to start seeds in them. Hubby's habit may as well do some good.
Hope the puppy feels better fast.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
:lol: when I saw your title about wormer in your left foot, I had visions of some slapstick comedy routine where someone slipped and the needle went in your left foot and you were dragging it around numb and hopping about all day. Thanks for the smiles!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
auaughghhhhghghghhghgh!!!! my left foot my left foot!!! auuuaughhghghghgh!!!

i guess thats better than my thinking about Nifty's panties....

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8582&p=2

ha!

ok who's late for church today - oh yeah... ME!!!!! maybe because there is snow on the ground.. grrrrr....

and here is our new fun thing. far be it for me to advocate drive thru for heavens sakes.... but do you guys have the $10 sunday bucket of chicken from KFC? we needed emergency dinner last week - so we got it. and it was kind of a good value (for the 2 of us anyway). we were surprised that their were good pieces.

i'd never get any of their non-food sides.. but fried chicken is fried chicken...and it wasnt bad. so thats what we are doing on the way home. that is..... after i finish my 3 Stooges routine for framing fowl! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

*hops around madly* ouch ouch ouch ouch!! ha ha aha ha ha

whooooot!

happy sunday!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
We were thinking alike today. I just bought 32 packs of seeds and only spent $ 10.00
yeah sister! thats what i'm talking about! great score!!!!

i also got some good seeds at walmart and one other place.. dang i cant remember.. maybe it was Meijer.... on sale for less than $1 a packet.

but 32 for $10 is a steal!!!

:)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not KFC, but I admit to buying those roasted chickens at Sam's Club. They are enormous and chicken is the one meat I do not have in the freezer right now. But not for long...

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
The KFCs around here don't use good pieces of chicken but Hubby loves that flavor. We decided to try to make it at home. We have a recipe book that tells you the secrets of many restaurant recipes and the KFC chicken one is in there.

The book says that the seasoning is not "11 herbs and spices, but rather it is just flour, salt, pepper and MSG. I notice they do not actually call it 11 herbs and spices anymore, probably because it is illegal now to not list ingredients accurately.