Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I have three does here who could seriously use The Biggest Loser!

Yay on the sales! CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Both Daisy and Thomas look like they're about to give birth to twins. :hide Fat goaties!!

Andnocheese................. :hit

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okay, before they leave, you need to line them up in cute little Easter outfits for their last picture. I'm sure Nibbles would want to be in that picture wearing her fine Easter bonnet.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Somebody in this town won a $ Million dollar lottery last week. Wish I could get it too.

I'd get some suitable acreage- partly wooded, fairly hilly, acreage in the Ouachita mountains, with a flatter area for the big garden. It would have good, clean water on property and a waterwheel. Osage Orange or locust fence around perimeter to protect our livestock, pets and property. I'd build a passive solar cob home with a wood cookstove, root cellar, and an attached greenhouse.
I want a permaculture orchard/vineyard, on the slopes with and use flatter spots for other crops.
Keep a few top bar beehives to pollinate everything and share their goodies.
Small scale farming equpment- maybe animal powered.
Gambrel roof barn with pasture set up for easy rotation.
Dairy goats
Old breeds of farm birds, that lay and forage well. A few broody hens and some Guineas.
Small flock of Gulf Coast Native sheep
Farm dogs (LGD) and a couple barn cats.
Off grid. Make a few sources of clean energy onsite.
Rainwater harvesting with cisterns/tanks by the house and barn.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
Somebody in this town won a $ Million dollar lottery last week. Wish I could get it too.

I'd get some suitable acreage- partly wooded, fairly hilly, acreage in the Ouachita mountains, with a flatter area for the big garden. It would have good, clean water on property and a waterwheel. Osage Orange or locust fence around perimeter to protect our livestock, pets and property. I'd build a passive solar cob home with a wood cookstove, root cellar, and an attached greenhouse.
I want a permaculture orchard/vineyard, on the slopes with and use flatter spots for other crops.
Keep a few top bar beehives to pollinate everything and share their goodies.
Small scale farming equpment- maybe animal powered.
Gambrel roof barn with pasture set up for easy rotation.
Dairy goats
Old breeds of farm birds, that lay and forage well. A few broody hens and some Guineas.
Small flock of Gulf Coast Native sheep
Farm dogs (LGD) and a couple barn cats.
Off grid. Make a few sources of clean energy onsite.
Rainwater harvesting with cisterns/tanks by the house and barn.
Ok, I'm too tired to think, so I'll just take one of those too ;)
I'd like it within a one hour drive from an ocean though. So we can get sea food and kelp and sea water to make our own salt. And play on the beach a few times a year.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I live w/in an hour of the ocean, and don't go. Too many people. Can't say that I've ever really noticed any kelp, either.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
so no one wants to sell out and move to Hollywood with me?

ohmigosh its cold so everyone is gonna have to wait until it warms up a little before i march out there.

in the meantime i have fresh coffee cake, coffee (french press) ham-n-eggs-goat cheese scramble, and toast.

on the agenda today - making cheese and shoveling out the goat house. whoooot!

happy tuesday!
:)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
nah.... just dreaming if i won the supermega lotto (or finally got a book deal and a tv show)..... but if you cali folks were so darn crazy and your govtment wasnt so kapoot... i'd live in norther cal in a hot second.