Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ahhh!!! But I have to say even if I won the lotto I wouldn't stay. Literally much greener pastures await.

Did you her I almost had turkeys in my bra!!! So funny how in the midst of chaos all I could think about is shoving those babies right in.

:lol:

g

popcorn chicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!:frow

I did it!! I just finished all 565 pages of your journal. WOW

This site caught my eye b/c all the bickering and whatever else you want to call it on BYH & BYC didn't seem to carry over here and I wanted to try and figure it out. So I looked around and found the journals and found OFG's. It was a great read, not just OFG, but all the different people that joined in: SD, WZ, BR, abi, hen23, free. I'm drawing a blank I know ther are LOTS more. I like your little "community" you've built, and I like PIE :) & cheese whoot!!

I can't wait to read more of the other journals!! You guys seem like people I could run with!!

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
popcorn chicken said:
Hi everyone!!:frow

I did it!! I just finished all 565 pages of your journal. WOW

This site caught my eye b/c all the bickering and whatever else you want to call it on BYH & BYC didn't seem to carry over here and I wanted to try and figure it out. So I looked around and found the journals and found OFG's. It was a great read, not just OFG, but all the different people that joined in: SD, WZ, BR, abi, hen23, free. I'm drawing a blank I know ther are LOTS more. I like your little "community" you've built, and I like PIE :) & cheese whoot!!

I can't wait to read more of the other journals!! You guys seem like people I could run with!!
Pie is definitly one of the most important things to a healthy life :D
:welcome and don't forget to start a journal of your own!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Heh, Popcornchicken, welcome. Doesn't OFG's journal read like a funny book? But more interactive. The fun part, is now that you are here, you can be PART of the book. Ain't that cool?

It reminds me of that Beddington gal's song about the rest of your life being unwritten. I think that is the name of the song, Unwritten.

I think we bicker less because we got to know each others personalities as we are a smaller group. Also, we are trying to be self sufficient so are trying to LEARN each other's ways, not find fault with it. Many of us want to learn the old fashioned ways of doing things that were cheap and didn't take "stuff" from the store, and we like the idea of natural stuff and whole foods and raising our own. So we are kind of a mindset already.

And we like to laugh, those of us who hang around this thread.

popcorn chicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yep, love the small group feel of this site!! and the sharing!!

And learning from each other, weather a triumph or failure there's always something that we can learn.

Now if I could just figure out this site and how to add a signature or a avatar I might be set.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ohmigosh, popcorn chicken, i feel like you should win a prize or something!!!

how about some pie?

and yep - we usually have a good ol' time. some of us are 'refugees' from the other sites. and i think a lot of us dont take ourselves very seriously so we are very forgiving when we make mistakes or do things differently.

so here are some hugs

* hugs PCC *

and some pie

* hands PCC a big plate of pie *

and a big WELCOME! to our merry little group!

i cant believe you read the whole thing... hee hee hee
ps i think the avatar is in the Profile thing and YES start your own journal
:)

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
ohmigosh, popcorn chicken, i feel like you should win a prize or something!!!

how about some pie?

and yep - we usually have a good ol' time. some of us are 'refugees' from the other sites. and i think a lot of us dont take ourselves very seriously so we are very forgiving when we make mistakes or do things differently.

so here are some hugs

* hugs PCC *

and some pie

* hands PCC a big plate of pie *

and a big WELCOME! to our merry little group!

i cant believe you read the whole thing... hee hee hee
ps i think the avatar is in the Profile thing and YES start your own journal
:)
Wait, there's a prize if you read the whole gosh darn thing? Why didn't I know this? I would have read it then!!
Ha! I was going to complain cause I didn't get pie (cause you know, if there's pie so am I!) but then I figured it wasn't GF pie so I wouldn't have been able to eat it anyways :p

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
oh no! well get reading, baby, and i'll make you this:

http://mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com/2011/03/pineapple-carrot-cake-gluten-free.html

its GF....and it looks pretty darn good

but stop by java's we are having brownies because of the stupid snow. i'm sure there is a GF kind we can whip up
OMG OFG!! that looks and sounds really good! And how about if I just bring a box of brownies from Outback? They use no flour in them period, heck they even dust the pan with sugar! :D

popcorn chicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
'blushes' she called me PCC oooooooooo

Thanks, OFG, I didn't do it for a reward (but I'll take it!!) your name caught my eye, we live in NE IN and I didn't see any other IN people (at least in there signatures) I had also ran across your blog somewhere, don't remember where tho.