Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Do we have to talk about gardens? Now I remember outdoor garden chores I have to do before it rains.

We have SNOW predicted for manana. :he

better run....I'm grabbing that donut on my way out, hope you don't mind. I can talk about poo and worms WHILE eating, no problems.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's been too wet and cold here to garden, if I may answer that question ;) This has been the worst year in Ohio that I can remember. Not much going on for most people except for seed starting.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There is no way you could start your garden here in Ohio. At least the northern part. I've got snowflakes flying here now. Nothing major. Just a few flakes floating around but still, it is cold enough to get snow. I wish it would warm up. I guess it is a good year to decide not to do a garden. It seems like the weather is against us. I'll let the Amish struggle with this and then buy produce from them. There are some Amish that moved practically across the street from us.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Donuts and worms in one topic? sickbyc
yep, D, if you think about its.. both are roundy shaped.. hee hee hee

its so freakin' cold out there they are still listing the wind chill. so no gardening now... but i got a few trays of seeds started. however i cant even get my "hilly billy green house" set up b/c its so darn muddy. i have to get outside chores done between storms and waiting for the mud to dry out. WHAT a pain!

SD, what are the natural treatments??

i had ringworm once, when i was 12. i scratched it to bleeding poured bleach in it and voila - it was gone. thankfully our cat didnt get the same treatment! and yeah i was gonna burn the house down to get rid of it
;-)

K - it rained here SO HARD yesterday... it was ridiculous. i'm hoping i get some things going. and really - its still pretty early. i've been working on getting different beds ready - well, what i can do anyway. tilling is totally out of the question.

so

i think i've had enough donuts. my belly hurts now. The Big Man just laughed at me. i think i'm gonna have an apple for dinner.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well ringworm is just a topical thing. You scrub it all off really well and wash everything really good, let the immune system take over. A little bleach in the water you use to clean with helps, like even to clean the animal. I had some evil foster cats that we could not bathe, they ended up bringing ringworm to my house. I had a hard time getting rid of it in the cats because bathing them was impossible. Finally another rescue person told me just to wash everything in the house in hot water and bleach and then use 10-1 water/bleach and dab it on the cats ringworm areas instead of bathing with the special dips, etc., from the vet where I worked.

It cleared it right up. But the vets I've worked for talk about how ringworm is because of weak immune system. I think it was boosting their diets and giving them the L-lysine and quality food, cleanliness, is what got rid of it.

I guess bleach isn't exactly NATURAL but it is plain and unfancy and cheap. But I imagine other things that would kill germs would do the same trick. The main thing is just getting everything really clean.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh, I guess I just assume that since I have things growing everyone must :smack

Can I assume that we will see pix on your bloggitydo?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yep!

i was thinking of doing an "Ode to Mud" but its just not very interesting.

mud mud and more mud followed by additional mud with more mud on the side. mixed with poop of all kinds. honestly its just kinda gross.

ha! SD i didnt think that was a "real" thing - well look at me. hee hee hee

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
You lost me, what was a real thing? bleach? poo? mud?

I was thinking that the rain is inspiring me to write an Ode to Mud. I'm trying to think of all the things I LOVE about mud.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hee hee hee - the bleach! i think i just made it up now you confirmed that it worked.

here is what i like about mud:

that is all.
;-)