Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
.... i know that old man looks in our windows - from their hill he can see into my kitchen. harumph!
So then why don't you give him a show? Maybe that'll set up a heartattack...and that's either a good thing or a bad thing...

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
glenolam said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
.... i know that old man looks in our windows - from their hill he can see into my kitchen. harumph!
So then why don't you give him a show? Maybe that'll set up a heartattack...and that's either a good thing or a bad thing...
:lol: We think alike glen! ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
now, now, you are putting a little too much energy into defense--don't ya know at our age we need to conserve energy? :p

but I hear ya! :lol:
fence is best defense !!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FC...what better way to conserve energy than sit in the kitchen with a bottle of tequila and shaken them bad boys right where old man neighbor can see?

I bet TBM just might go for it....

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:gig

I am getting ready to plant my golden giant amaranth. I wasn't thinking to use it as a privacy fence, but hey, in my little neighborhood, any privacy you can get is fine with me :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
y'all a just slayin me....

so TBM had to go to work but not before we were out there bustin' it. however he sustained a non-life threatening injury..... so i had to do my wifely duty.

what? i made him supper!!!

and i have to say - creepy meat fried up in the pan with polenta and green beans was awesome!

however he put the kibosh on the mayo cake and requested another cheese cake strawberry pie instead (to speed healing). mayo is shelved for now but that cake will be made in the next couple days for sure. or 15 mins after i make the pie because i'm really hungry for that. and we're professional snackers so we can handle BOTH cake and pie at the same time.

actually we are getting a lot done and after these projects are finished i'll be happy. for a while then i'm sure i'll come up with something else probably involving chain sawing.

so i'm off to bake the pie, do some laundry, then pull a lot of weeds. and plant them right up on the property line. maybe i'll just plant bamboo - the kind that is wildly messy and incredibly invasive. ha!!

and then find the tiller and get another patch of alfalfa going.

*tromps off looking for pie pan, considers dropping trou and waggling granny pantied bottom for that old man to see.....*

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You should put a post out your kitchen window with a big ol flag that reads

"Thou that desturbs my land will see my wrath"

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hey OFG, if you can't find any osage orange, and you want to try some from seed, LMK. I can get you the seeds in the fall.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks DD!

well, we made some good progress yesterday. still have a long way to go and hopefully we'll have the pigs moved by this weekend. we are really glad we got the "big" charger for the electric fence. when we bought it we never guessed we'd be running this long of a line. so yay!

in other news....

late last nite i heard a terrible peeping by the Dozen chicks downstairs. so i rushed down... and the littlest one had fallen into the (chick sized) waterer! and he was in the water on this back! who knows how that happened.

but i scooped him up and you know it... into the bra for a warm up. i have to say it was adorable - he made some happy peepings and snuggled right in.

The Insane Cat Posse went wild.

he got warmed up and dried off and is doing just fine now. i'm a little worried about him - he's TINY. technically he's a day behind the others but wow he's really little. i think some of the others might have buffaloed him over. we lost little Number 13 and i hope this little one makes it.

today on the agenda is the sad task of taking up two of the mommas off their failed nests. ugh. my little garage duck is a week past her due date and that poor turkey hen is also long overdue. and the turkey hasnt moved this whole time. unfortunately she's like a rabid badger so this could be an interesting job. i might wear TBM's motorcycle helmet so she doesnt peck my eyes out.

thats the news - cows await! happy friday!!!
:)