Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And here I was hoping for another party. Wanders off grumbling looking for some pie and/or cake. Would that be a pake, or a cie?

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Psst... Deb, before you wander too far, I think everyone's slugging down Abi's chocolate mischief milkshakes somewhere...

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'm seriously buying ingredients tomorrow LOL!! I was gonna get some tonight but sugar is bad enough without doing sugar before bed. :gig

OFG YOU SLAY ME!!!! :lol:

You realize, I have to avoid reading this blog at work because I laugh out loud and I'm supposed to be taking calls and pretending to listen to customers??? :idunno

S

sunsaver

Yeah, i got some funny looks at the library, whenever i cracked-up or started giggling uncontrollably. Don't ever read OFG at work, or you'll get busted!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
All I know is no matter how bad I feel, when I read this I start laughing. Thanks OFG - you're better than a doctor and don't cost as much. :gig

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
aw shucks - you guys are too much. and if it werent for ALL YOU eggin' me on.. well. heck

*hugs everyone*

so there were some wins and losses yesterday.

first, we finished putting up the field fence for the new pig lot - WOW its going to be great. today we'll do the electric and hopefully we'll get them moved by tomorrow. i'm really enjoying being in the (poison ivy filled) woods - its really beautiful. if we can get the stupid poison ivy knocked down i'll be thrilled.

and

we sold Turkey Bob to a very nice young man last week - and some chickens too. yesterday he came back for one of the young turkey hens. she was the one who sustained a terrible flesh wound and has been in lock up. it healed (miraculously) and she's been laying. so he got a deal on her for sure. but we felt good about it - he's just starting his barnyard and seems to be a good kid.

the best was that he took 2 of the drakes that i cant stand! and next week he said he'd take the others! yipee!!! and we'll see if we can get him a bucket full of chicks too.

but here's the best part - he works for, and has all the equipment for, a tree service. total score. we have a lot of "tree work" that we need done and yes he does work on the side. so we made a new friend, did a good deed, and got a good contact.

but

it started pouring and we got all the rain in the state before i could get much else done. and i had to tromp over in the rain to feed the cows. but the Good Neighbors are coming home today so thank heaven.

then

right when i got everyone put to bed... i drug myself in and... ring ring ring.... on geez. Miss Drama All Around calls and i have to hear about all their self-created-drama for 30 mins. i was literally sliding off the couch in exhaustion having to hear about it. i finally got off the phone and tried to go to bed and...

thunder and lightening - pretty bad actually. so Dog #2 wet his pants and he went downstairs and hid. and Dog#1 and the pup had to go... had to go.... somewhere... cant let them all unsupervised downstairs.

SO THEY CAME IN THE BEDROOM WITH ME

you dont understand the severity of this. i dont let the dogs in my bedroom. i hate sleeping with dogs. the paw licking, the ear flapping, the snuffing around, and lets be honest - the big dog toots. plus The Insane Cat Posse needs to know that they have a safe dog-free place.

so there i was desperately trying to sleep - lightening, house shaking thunder, hail, a sweet little pup face resting on the bed. looking. right. at. me.

GO AND LAY DOWN ALL OF YOU!!!

tail wagging, snuffing, dog farting, cats now hissing........

i finally passed out from exhaustion. i adjusted Nicholas (the cat) to lay across my head and hid under his big belly. tail flippin' me in the face.

so now we are headed out to bust out the rest of the fencing.

happy saturday!!!!
:)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:lol: I have been there and done that...it's much funnier when it is someone else though... :lol:

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:gig My dog can't sleep anywhere near us. She snores like a trucker - we can hear her through the walls :ep, goes into insane licking fits, and the snorting, sniffling, then gets up and paces.

Nice of you to start a good kid up with some birds :thumbsup

Latest posts