Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
well i think he's going to live - my hubby that is. he finally rallied late last nite. i think it was the pie that saved him - another strawberry cream cheese one.

but we didnt get much done yesterday. it was extremely soggy. we waited all day for it to rain and then all heck finally broke loose just before we went out for chores. it rained so much that we got water in the basement so this is becoming a problem for sure.

one of our turkey hens didnt come in last nite we think she has a nest somewhere and will try and find her

but

we did get the last side of the fence tacked up - so technically we are fenced on all sides!

today is starting with dense fog and will get hit later with storms. looks like indiana is getting theirs now. i'll be pulling weeds and trying to get one last round of seedlings started. i'm not having a lot of luck direct seeding this spring. so everything is being started in trays. i have 2 small and 1 large (still wet) garden spaces to get planted. its so late tho - but the one is still to soggy to do anything with. i have a patch of winter rye still standing and i might just let it ripen.

thats the word here. hope everyone has a super monday!
:)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I'm not hang great luck with direct seeding either. I think my issues are roly poly related. I broke out the oyster shells when I replanted this weekend.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:frow

Good morning. Good to hear TBM is feeling better. Congrats on the fence. I know that feeling.

I hope the garden dries out for you soon.

G

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have planted my zucchini twice now and my cucumbers twice as well. I think my problem is HEN related. :somad A whole yard to forage in an they keep getting into my big patio pots and digging!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well, Shelley, one of ducks, did wipe out the Swiss chard...and the kale...and the Vivian lettuce...

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I feel so sorry for my hens. We keep them confined to their tractor during growing season. I've been trying to figure out a way to set the tractor over one of our empty raised beds just so they'll have some dirt to dig in. My beans are still a bit too small to let them loose just yet. Since we make money on our garden, the hens will just have to wait. I did have a big sunflower ripen and fastened it up in their tractor for them to eat. And I've already been giving them big honkin squash I miss when I pick them.

Good Monday OFG and gang. I'm patiently waiting delivery of my new fridge this morning. The old one has been screaming for awhile and we're relegating it to the shop until it just kaputs so we can store veggies waiting for market. Already have one down there - but's it's just not enough especially when the beans start coming in. We're getting about 1 1/2 bushels of squash each week, soon to be more, I'm sure; and we'll probably have 2-4 bushels of beans, about a bushel of okra, and we won't even talk about how many dozens ears of corn -

I finally got 2 little cucumbers and got laughed at when I took them to market. Our friends, who bring pounds and pounds, gave me a bag full 'cause they felt sorry for me. Ha! I got the last laugh 'cause I sliced them, rolled them in cornmeal, and fried those puppies. Finger lickin' good if I do say so.

Glad TBM is better - I'd say your pie would cure most ills. I've been off any kind of sweets and starches for more than a month and I'm craving something sweet so bad...... Been watching too many commercials about smores.... But diligence pays off - I lost 7 lbs. in a month. Hubby works like a dog and sweats like a pig when he's outside and he only lost 3...... Ha!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha! Free - can you believe we hid from her! ha ha ha ha the best part was that it wasnt my idea. whew!

KC - well you have exactly 3 more cukes than i do! man! all i've been dreaming about is a chop salad with cukes and onions and basil and lettuce-that-the-geese-didnt-eat!

and great work with the weight loss!

Zilla - when you said rolly polly i was thinking of my meat chickens, our Meat Balls! ha ha ha they are pretty rolly polly for sure

hi Tanks! happy monday!!

FF - i have one hen that gets in the garden. when that kid comes back for the drakes she is going to be in the cage with them. so long sucka!

so here's a development. the guineas, Bob and Roy, are chasing each other. fast. a lot. they havent stopped and its been over an hour. its hilarious. they did this when we had the guinea hens but i'm not sure why they are doing it now. TBM called it the Intergalactic Guinea War. i'm gonna go watch it some more.. its good entertainment. run guinea run!

;-)

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Uh Oh! I see a cartoon movie in that. Intergalactic Guinea War - Guinea Bob and Guinea Roy helping OFG and TBM fight off intergalactic aliens (needed to be politically correct and specify the kind of alien) as well as the pesky MIL. Aided, of course, by 2 Super Dogs and 1 Super Pup, and all kinds of chickens, ducks, geese -
"Here I come to save the day! OD the Wonder Goose is on his way!"

OH I can so see it.......

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey OFG and other Ohio peeps - have you seen the radar this morning? looks like a mess today. Stay safe and dry.