Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
Well if it makes me fit in better, I HAVE one of those canning books. Fresh crisp and barely opened.
I have 'Canning and Preserving for Dummies'.

The first time I used it, I accidentally caught the cover on fire, melted a spoon to the rest of the front cover and nearly burned my kitchen down... my mother thought it was hysterically funny, I can't even can with the 'Dummies' book.
:yuckyuck

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Marianne said:
hwillm1977 said:
Well if it makes me fit in better, I HAVE one of those canning books. Fresh crisp and barely opened.
I have 'Canning and Preserving for Dummies'.

The first time I used it, I accidentally caught the cover on fire, melted a spoon to the rest of the front cover and nearly burned my kitchen down... my mother thought it was hysterically funny, I can't even can with the 'Dummies' book.
:yuckyuck
X3!!! ha! thats the best canning story ever! and um... i almost burned down the house the other day - so you're in good company.

and nah... we dont especially want her around. i've given up a few times when she's been over - b/c they stayed too long - and just started working. i even left one time and they still just sat there...

but mostly she just kept asking why i did "all that work" when i could just buy it. i think she thinks its a waste of time and just 'busy' work. and i should be doing something more important (i'm not sure what that is).

plus then she'd want some of whatever i was making - she doesnt get it that she's asking for our groceries.

sheesh!

buy i like a list - especially if it says "cut the cheese" HA!

:)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha! KC - i tried to stay away...

wait....

do you hear that?!?!??!

Duuuuuuuuude!

oh...never mind lau
i have an overwhelming urge to run right over to Java's and start weeding her garden.........

ha!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
so remember when we got this little princess ?

i took her up to the Good Vet yesterday - wow do we ever love those guys. we got a good laugh about how we passed on their "free" cat offer and then turned around and got the "not free" Scruff about 3 days later. sheesh! and they all oooohed and aaaaahed over TBM and how he's a big softy and couldnt leave her there in the dumpster.

and i think they are going to cut us a deal on getting her fixed. the Good Vet didnt think she was preg and said we should spay her right away so i left her there and will pick her up today or more likely tomorrow afternoon. then she'll recover and start her glorious career as a barn cat. which i'm highly doubting b/c TBM has been sleeping in a chair with her (she's still quarantined from our Posse). i think we should take bets on whether or not she joins in inside crew.

and for as hacked off as i was that we needed one more cat like SD needs another hole right in the head... wouldnt you know it that we had the funds to get her fixed up appear out of no where. so once again the Hand of Provision as provided us with... one.. more.. cat.

actually she's very cute and everyone agrees that i should re-name her something cuter than Scruff. i'll get some pix up when we get her back but i think we are open to suggestions. she's a very petite black/grey tabby with a long tail and a tiny little face. and....

...an extra set of nipples.

i'm not even kidding. are we the funny farm or WHAT? not only do we get a bunch of drop offs and malcontents (*looks at Nicholas over there no-goodnicking already*)...but now we have "extra nipples cat."

i couldnt make this stuff up if i tried.

the Good Vet did say that she has had kittens at some point... and we are guessing that the people kept the adorable kittens and dumped her (the momma). TBM scoured the area looking for kittens - and she doesnt act like a distressed mother at all. so it might have been a while ago. or maybe she didnt know what to do - she is under a year and really has that "teenager cat" body and we arent convinced she's really cat socialized. she's been displaying some really immature cat behaviors. Little Mo showed up at under a year old, but his development was WAY behind... he's since caught up. but mostly his whole raison d'tre is being cute. which is fine with me.

the plan for today is canning canning and more canning. i have another round of maters (*snorts and thinks about MIL's big haul and her advice that we should can*)....and then we stopped and got the last of the peaches. a peck of some nice "seconds" for ONLY $9. this has been a heck of a year for peaches which are the most expensive we've seen. apparently they are the same as WZ's "encased in gold with a ruby in the center".... but last year we got so many freebies that i guess we are paying our dues now. i also got another dozen ears of corn - just beautiful bi-colored... which i need to get taken care of this morning.

thats the scoop here. happy tuesday everyone!!
:)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Zoom camera up to kitty heaven ......not a sad place....the cats are all laying around fat and sassy and there are virtual mice and cat toys everywhere, bowls of tuna in pretty champagne glasses and fluffy pillows.

Two little kitties are playing on the couch when they get called up for duty. They look at each other and sigh, rest was so wonderful.

The Director of Cat Affairs gets a peeved look. "Aw c'mon, it is time to work." He says, tapping his pencil against his notebook and checking his list. "You two are scheduled to help .......a cat with......what is this? Extra nipples?" The Cat Director shakes his head, wondering what will be arranged, but he has .....er Faith.

The two little kitties dutifully go over to the cloud where they can look down upon Ohio, where Scruff was hiding. Cat number one looks dubious when she sees that their kitty that they are being guardian angel for is a freak. AND a recent mother who didn't even get to finish raising her children. Kitty number two points out it wasn't her fault, and the two begin looking around down below.

Suddenly kitty number two starts laughing hysterically and points down to Ohio again, starting to zero in on a certain area. Kitty number one follows where the little kitty paw is pointing and begins to laugh as well. Both start falling over on their sides that they will finish their "job" so quickly.....

Because, there ....a dumpster....and walking by......The Big Man! This is their lucky day! The pair are laughing so hysterically that they can barely do their duty. But kitty number one, always the more serious, manages to send the message down to Scruff.
"Just get yourself into that dumpster and meow as pitifully as you can.......now! do it! do it before he goes past." Scruff is taking a bit too long, so the kitty angels both lift her into the dumpster and rub on a little dirt and grime for effect.

"What do you think?" Asks kitty number one. "Does she look bad enough? What about the extra nipples?"

Kitty number two laughs again. "Extra nipple, extra schnipple. That is OFG's husband"......and the two laugh so evil-ly with a big Bwa ha ha ha ha ha , that the Director of Cat Affairs comes to peek over their shoulder.

"We are being good!" the two kitties say together. "We just placed the cat in the most wonderful home in the world."

"The extra nipple cat? You two placed her THAT quickly?" The Director Looks Dubious.

But all three look down from the cloud and see TBM has fallen for the bait, he has Scruff in his arms already, dusting her off.

"He doesn't see the nipples!" Says cat number one. "What happens when they find it?"

"Don't worry, with that group, extra nipples will be cool." The Director of Cat Affairs points out. "As a member of the Cat Posse, it really doesn't matter, the weirder the better."

"Maybe they will rename her Dolly Parton?" Kitty number two suggests, as the two of them scamper off to resume their play on the couch.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they certainly knwo where to find us dont they!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Zoom camera up to kitty heaven ......not a sad place....the cats are all laying around fat and sassy and there are virtual mice and cat toys everywhere, bowls of tuna in pretty champagne glasses and fluffy pillows.

Two little kitties are playing on the couch when they get called up for duty. They look at each other and sigh, rest was so wonderful.

The Director of Cat Affairs gets a peeved look. "Aw c'mon, it is time to work." He says, tapping his pencil against his notebook and checking his list. "You two are scheduled to help .......a cat with......what is this? Extra nipples?" The Cat Director shakes his head, wondering what will be arranged, but he has .....er Faith.

The two little kitties dutifully go over to the cloud where they can look down upon Ohio, where Scruff was hiding. Cat number one looks dubious when she sees that their kitty that they are being guardian angel for is a freak. AND a recent mother who didn't even get to finish raising her children. Kitty number two points out it wasn't her fault, and the two begin looking around down below.

Suddenly kitty number two starts laughing hysterically and points down to Ohio again, starting to zero in on a certain area. Kitty number one follows where the little kitty paw is pointing and begins to laugh as well. Both start falling over on their sides that they will finish their "job" so quickly.....

Because, there ....a dumpster....and walking by......The Big Man! This is their lucky day! The pair are laughing so hysterically that they can barely do their duty. But kitty number one, always the more serious, manages to send the message down to Scruff.
"Just get yourself into that dumpster and meow as pitifully as you can.......now! do it! do it before he goes past." Scruff is taking a bit too long, so the kitty angels both lift her into the dumpster and rub on a little dirt and grime for effect.

"What do you think?" Asks kitty number one. "Does she look bad enough? What about the extra nipples?"

Kitty number two laughs again. "Extra nipple, extra schnipple. That is OFG's husband"......and the two laugh so evil-ly with a big Bwa ha ha ha ha ha , that the Director of Cat Affairs comes to peek over their shoulder.

"We are being good!" the two kitties say together. "We just placed the cat in the most wonderful home in the world."

"The extra nipple cat? You two placed her THAT quickly?" The Director Looks Dubious.

But all three look down from the cloud and see TBM has fallen for the bait, he has Scruff in his arms already, dusting her off.

"He doesn't see the nipples!" Says cat number one. "What happens when they find it?"

"Don't worry, with that group, extra nipples will be cool." The Director of Cat Affairs points out. "As a member of the Cat Posse, it really doesn't matter, the weirder the better."

"Maybe they will rename her Dolly Parton?" Kitty number two suggests, as the two of them scamper off to resume their play on the couch.
I see a book deal in the future.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:gig

That is EXACTLY how it happened, SD *nod nod*

OFG, all my strays have been fixed for free or $20. :D I don't think I've EVER paid full price getting a cat fixed.