ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
holy guacamole!

you guys have to try this...

* sets out platter of chips and hot salsa poured over goat cheese *

this is sooooo good! yum!!!!!!

* sets out pitcher of margaritas *

and these arent bad either.. thank heaven i'm not milking them goats tonite but someone make sure i at least close all the coop doors! whooooooot!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:gig

Glad I read this upon reboot, not at work. I would have laughed and offended a customer. "no no, I'm not laughing at YOU... I'm laughing at the book of jose!"

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
well. we survived Salsa Fest 2011.. the house barely made it i think i used every big pot we have.....including....

MY NEW SECOND CANNER!!!

whoooot! thats right - i ran right out and ordered myself a second 23 quart presto canner, baby!!!!!!

its my dream come true - now i can can can can can can until i cant can no more. and i dont have to do all that senseless waiting around if i have just a little bit more this or that and need to process another batch. whooot!

of course i dont have any idea where i'm gonna store the thing.

but i'm very happy. and i gave the fedx guy a good laugh. he was standin' at the gate and i came running with a duckling under my arm. he was a new driver so i told him to always honk and just throw whatever over the fence if i didnt show up. just then the noisy parade of geese went walkin by and i told him that i could call the dogs back but that OD was meaner than a snake and to NEVER walk in the gate. he laughed. of course all that chortling would change to screams of terror if he didnt heed my warning and that gander actually got ahold of him.

the canner was about $84 thru amazon and the shipping was FREE - and it was 2 day delivery. for my money that was the best deal. they dont carry the big canners around here and i'd end up spending $20 on gas driving around to find it somewhere else.

i have to say that i was conflicted. my pal VPak suggested the Mirro canner and i almost went for it...... its a "jiggler" not a dial.... but i figured that i'd be watching one dial already so i might was well watch two. i may regret it but i may also keep my eye open for a used mirro on craigslist. but either way i have two huge canners and i'm very excited.

Nicholas is excited too. he's sitting in the shipping box and is very proud of himself.

thats the word here from the cold dark world of "wow i guess fall is here"

happy tuesday!
:)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You are going to love it! I agree, having two the same will be easier on you, especially while they are both going at once. And that was a great deal, especially this time of year! I paid $99 for both of mine, plus shipping, maybe 3-4 years ago.

I have a shelf at just reachable level as I'm going down the cellar stairs that holds both my canners and my biggest crock pot. That might not work for you, since you are short and TBM is....well, big.....so what is reachable for you would be head-crackin' for him.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love my Presto and Geesh I wish I had another!!

I was at WM a couple weeks back and they don't have the one with the gauge any longer. That bums me out.

g