Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks Valmom! and sure! enjoy your copy all you'd like.

:)

no surprise here... late for church!!! whooooot!

and no i didnt go to the family reunion yesterday. word is the MIL dusted off ancient her family reunion snack carrier....and put costco cookies in it. takes all kinds i guess.

;-)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
and now for today's episode of She said WHAT?!?! also known as "what happened at the MIL's yesterday"

as you recall i opted out of the reunion for the 3rd cousin, second removed on the MIL's mother's side. and i was so glad - saturday was a great day. i got a lot done, sat around, played with small animals and had a super time.

The Big Man came home and said it was fine - and reported the shameful costco cookies incident.... so we shrugged it off.

so yesterday

.....we showed up after church and she came running from the old hen house (paint brush in hand - they were actually doing a good job of painting one of the buildings..) and was yelling excitedly to TBM..... 'oh i'm SOOOOOO glad you came yesterday! it was so nice......'

and then she saw me. and i swear to you she stopped running and stopped talking and just LOOKED at me. nothing. no greeting. no hi. nothing. she just stopped talking and gave me that disappointed look she has just for me.

so then i got all 'is that right' cuz........... you know that sad eyes and weepy tears dont have any effect AT ALL on me (no guilt here).... i dunno if she expected me to burst into tears or make some kind of excuse or what....but i can't stand that stuff. at all.

so then i kinda tilted my head up and adjusted my big round set of titanium balls....and i might have stood a little taller.... cuz i was just waiting for her to say it... come on... say it.....tell me how sad it was that i didnt go.... do it lady... just do it....try to scold me.. come on... i.dare.you.

and i think TBM and the husband both took a deep breath in fearing what would be said next.....

and then the husband said something to me and it was over.

and then she just kinda ignored me the rest of the time.

anyway. she STILL didnt say anything directly to me so we left after about 5 minutes... while we were watching her hold the paint brush and talk with her hands... she practically painted one of those stupid poodles. and then she kept yelling at him for getting in her way.

us: *blink blink*

anyway there you have that. and no TBM didnt care that i didnt go - i told him i had met my expectations for good sportsmanship on many levels. he agreed.

today is all about salsa! one of the old timers at church gave us a half a bushel of maters for free! all we had to do was go and pick them. so that was just what we need. i have a bunch of green maters - but my upick peppers arent getting any younger. so its all salsa all the time!

thats the word here - happy monday!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
She was gonna CRY because you missed a get-together. Paaaaleese.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Drama queen, much? LOL!

What salsa recipe are you using?

I have enchilada sauce to make (from NT).

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I have enchilada sauce to make (from NT).
ha! i thought... the New Testament has an enchilada sauce recipe????? ha ha ha ha ha !! but got it.. nourishing traditions.. ha ha ha ha

right now i'm on the Zesty Salsa from the Ball book. whoot!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OFG - Please tell me the paint she was flinging on the dogs was lime green, and oil based! :D

I'm with you - I HATE the guilt trip thing, but I'm usually the type that it works on :/

Oooo! Abi! Please post the enchilada sauce recipe - Dh just asked me to make some, and I haven't found a recipe yet. Thank you!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'll go add it to the thread just started on enchilada sauce :)

LOL OFG, while I've read the Bible, I am not one to ever post anything from it.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i think i've seen it in there.. from the Book of Jose chapter 3 vrs 5-10:

prepareth thou the peppers in the ways of your fathers, then get thee onions and cilantro...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

omg i'm gonna laugh about that all day!