Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh hey are we still drinkin? whoot!

so today it was SUNNY! so much that i might have a sun burn. we got out and worked on the garden on top of the hill - its the sunniest and the warmest so as soon as it dries out i'll be able to get some cool season stuff in the ground. IT WAS ALMOST LIKE REAL LIFE!...and not winter incarceration... whoot!

and we did some tree trimming which always makes me nervous (i'm always afraid i'm going to kill them but so far so good). and we put some stakes in the ground where we will work on fencing to keep all the poultry out.

while i was up there i saw that some of my greens made it! even under the snow... so things are definitely looking up.

i think i'll brush my teeth with tequila.... thanks for the tip, Dace!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
All I got in the house right now is a bottle of vodka for medicinal purposes ;) and some of my accidental home made plum wine, that I haven't tried yet. Might just have to pop one of those bottles open so I can join you guys.

MP the eggs are about the only snack food we have right now, except for popcorn. I could make a big batch of that, it would probably go better with the wine anyhoo :p

I see the clouds are coming in, so I better get back outside and pull some more weeds. And think about what to do for dinner. I am getting hungry.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow quite the productive day....did you get out your clip board? heehehe

I just finally settled in and cracked me a cold one. Still lookin for that Jack.....

OFG, no civilized girl starts her day with tequilla for cryn' out loud....do I have to teach you everything girl? As the name To-Kill-Ya implies, it'll kill ya, so you drink that at the END of the day. Silly.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Seems you hit on a solution.

Brush with Jack in the morning and Tequila before bed! :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I cant believe it.

Little Nibbles, our mini-mancha, is making an udder

*passes out*

for the record I didnt think this whole goat baby thing would work at all. seriously. i dont know what i was thinking but i really didnt expect it would work. who knew? nature.. i'm telling ya...

so last nite I was standing at the goat door complaining to The Big Man that all these goats were faking it and weren't really pregnant.... still no change with our full sized la mancha, Debbie, when i spied out of my little eye..... holy moly! Little Nibbles is getting boobies!!!

i very nearly cleared the half door without even opening it and gave her a pat pat pat and.. yep. she's making an udder.

just so's ya know... i hadnt thought any further than this point and it never occurred to me that...gulp... we're gonna be up to our elbows in goats.

*passes out again*

as i remember, Little Nibbble's momma had a tendency toward 2's or 3's..... as Little Nibbles was a twin herself.

on the upside, the neighbor called to check on our goat situation and confirmed that we were on schedule with Debbie and not to worry.

so there you have it. goats as far as the eye can see.....its gonna be a goat-a-palooza around here!

i need to go and get my clip board and my powerpoint slides and starting making a 'by when' action item chart, write some job descriptions for the new employees, do some focus groups, develop a marketing plan, assign some tasks, schedule some meetings so we can make some meetings, plan a team building offsite to integrate the new comers.

....and get a case of tequila. Momma needs some med'cine if there is gonna be a herd of goats out there.

;-)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:gig

So predictions are what? 4-5 babies? Oh my goodness!

Didn't think this far ahead you say? You must have given your momma a run for her money as a teenager :gig

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
holy goat.. i mean.. wow. so the neighbor+kid came over today to check out the goat situation and.....

1. Debbie's ligaments are "really gone" - they could basically touch their fingers around her tail bone
2. a mysterious hump appeared above her tail bone
3. as Debbie was rolling around trying to get comfortable we could see the babies kick-kick-kick!!

mercifully the neighbor caught me as i was passing out.....

then they gave Little Nibbles the once over said they could feel her 'babies' (as in not one...) and yep she has an udder going.

we are going to be over run!

hee hee hee to Dace's point.. yep i did give the parents a run.. but not in that way! The Big Man has always said i was the only 15 year old, going on 30, he ever met. i just have a blind spot for all this kidding!!! honestly ducks are much easier.
;-)

the good news is that the neighbor's kids are all in 4H and they are already getting calls for wethers..in fact they want one of Debbie's as the baby-daddy is their buck.