Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I sold my bucklings from a Facebook ad! They will take them mid-April.

But I bought and sold my buck on CL. I just heard back from his buyer today, as well. She has kids due in three weeks and asked for pictures of mine, she can hardly wait. I also sold Donald on Craigs List, and the ducks, and my chickens. I've had great luck.

I love the TBM doll's moveable hands, too funny. :gig

I think we should add "Whoot!" and "I'm an udder" and "Heh, Baby!"

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yay on selling goats!

I use craigslist a lot and have had many good experiences and a couple of weird ones and one kinda scary stalker one (a woman!) so just be careful. I have my Big Man with me now for any and all cl contact with people and will do certain meet-ups in a public parking lot so they don't know where I live.

Cash only!

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When I sold my laptop on CL in San Jose the guy who bought it called us at 3am! He wanted to meet us at 6am near where he lived. We were leaving for AK in a few days and sold our car already, so that meant we had to leave right away on bicycle in order to make it in time. He bough the laptop, but didn't have the last $50 on him, so we rode all over that area of town (he was also on bike) looking for a check cashing place that was open at 7am, which none were. So he gave us our address and said he'd be home after 4 and we could pick up the cash then. So my hubby borrowed my SIL's car and went over there at four. He wasn't there but his room mate gave us about $200 worth of hydroponic equipment. So I guess it wasn't too bad, but it was one VERY long very strange day!

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My best friend was trying to buy a video game from some guy of CL. apparently the game new was about $50 and this person wanted $15 so she was really excited.

they arranged to meet at a grocery store near her house. she got there early just to be sure and waited. and waited. and waited. she called the guy's number several times and got no answer. all their contact had been through email, so she was afraid she'd gotten the wrong number. she's a bit of a pushover, so she ended up waiting over 2 HOURS and the guy never showed.

later that night she got a voice mail from the guy. it was a 10 year old kid! he was calling to say he was sorry they hadn't made it to meet her but his mom was busy running errands and he couldn't convince her to meet up. he'd made all these arrangements without even consulting her! she played the message for me and it was hilarious. he was like "so then we had to go to the mall cause my dumb little sister needed new shoes. and then my baby brother threw up so we just had to go home. it was so NOT COOL." we laughed for weeks about it.

she never did get that video game.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
wow i'm glad i havent had any bad CL stories... yet.

i never give a home phone# either - too easy to 'reverse look up' and we always meet in a public place. i say "meet locally" in the ads.

so today it was cold and i sulked. i sulked yesterday too and spent the day dreaming about what i'd do if i won the megasuper powerball lotto thingy. i determined i would become the Grand Poobah of Goosenstein:

http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2011/03/grand-poobah-of-goosenstein.html

so now i'm gonna go milk until i freeze and then come in and have pie. a lot of pie, with ice cream.

that is all.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My butt is getting bigger on oatmeal cookies today! :lol: Seriously, I took them to an event so I wouldn't be tempted to eat more than my share....quality checks while baking them, of course! :D

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Oh wow! That goose picture is just the coolest. I don't love geese and it makes me want some!! I didn't win the big lottery either...
That picture is a definite POW candidate and should be in Goose Weekly or Playgoose or whatever the Goose periodical of choise might be!!!