Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday to you as well. :) I don't post much but I'm reading as much as I can. Thank you so much for the belly laughs!

Hey this Sat. Josh/John/Jeff is coming over to help me with my creepy meaties. Thank you again for helping me with this. I'm making a big mac and cheese bake served with crusty bread and salad from my garden plus some good pacific northwest microbrews. Drake and her hubby are coming over too. :D

Wish you could be here though.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Depending on what surprise my guilt ridden roommate got me, I may have a canner on its way :D Or just a pressure cooker which is also awesome. I'm not sure since he didn't tell me or anything. *laughs*

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
well. we survived Salsa Fest 2011.. the house barely made it i think i used every big pot we have.....including....

MY NEW SECOND CANNER!!!

whoooot! thats right - i ran right out and ordered myself a second 23 quart presto canner, baby!!!!!!

its my dream come true - now i can can can can can can until i cant can no more. and i dont have to do all that senseless waiting around if i have just a little bit more this or that and need to process another batch. whooot!

of course i dont have any idea where i'm gonna store the thing.

but i'm very happy. and i gave the fedx guy a good laugh. he was standin' at the gate and i came running with a duckling under my arm. he was a new driver so i told him to always honk and just throw whatever over the fence if i didnt show up. just then the noisy parade of geese went walkin by and i told him that i could call the dogs back but that OD was meaner than a snake and to NEVER walk in the gate. he laughed. of course all that chortling would change to screams of terror if he didnt heed my warning and that gander actually got ahold of him.

the canner was about $84 thru amazon and the shipping was FREE - and it was 2 day delivery. for my money that was the best deal. they dont carry the big canners around here and i'd end up spending $20 on gas driving around to find it somewhere else.

i have to say that i was conflicted. my pal VPak suggested the Mirro canner and i almost went for it...... its a "jiggler" not a dial.... but i figured that i'd be watching one dial already so i might was well watch two. i may regret it but i may also keep my eye open for a used mirro on craigslist. but either way i have two huge canners and i'm very excited.

Nicholas is excited too. he's sitting in the shipping box and is very proud of himself.

thats the word here from the cold dark world of "wow i guess fall is here"

happy tuesday!
:)
If you get the jiggler for the presto, you can listen to the dial. It works really well.

ETA: Congratulations on your new canner.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
WOW!! ARaven thats fantastic... i think i even knew about it but it didnt make sense when i was reading the info.

* conks self on head * now i get it! whooot!

i'm working on apple butter and more tomato sauce today - its all canning all the time for sure.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yoohooo...knock, knock, knock...:frow

Did you succumb to the salsa fumes? Fall into a giant vat of tomato sauce? Or are you stuck in a mud pit somewhere because of all this ridiculous rain?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
holy crap. we slept in until just about 9!!!!

so i'm totally discombobulated for sure and i need to get out there. it was SO DARK this morning!!! for heavens sakes

but i did get another fumigation from the salsa yesterday. the last blessing from the Book of Jose was that i had - and i'm not kidding on this - exactly enough peppers and tomatoes from the old timer at church to make EXACTLY one more batch! ha!

and i also made apple butter yesterday - whooot! it was a completely can-o-rama!

its gonna start raining on us soon enough. drat! i have so much to whack down with my new scythe... if i'm trapped in the house again today i dont know what i'm gonna do. but i'm guessing it will involve MORE CANNING!

*runs off happily with dreams of canning*

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
traintobegrimReapergrimb.gif

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha! Zilla thats hilarious!

i dont know why they call him the GRIM reaper - i'm so happy out there with good ol' SwingBlade that i'm the Grinnin' Reaper!

whoooot!