OK, I'm going to do it. I am now addicted to it.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I think you have the same Brother machine that I have! It was around $70 from Walmart. I do 99% of my sewing with it...all of DD's outfits.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Today, I got all the layers cut for the oven mitt. It has 6 in all - more than I thought. Pinned it together and got it stitched. When I turned it right side out, I noticed one small place where the layers pulled apart. That won't be hard to fix.

Got all 8 napkins stitched up - pretty straight and everything.

I had enough material to do 2 small potholders and will be working on them tomorrow.

I'll post pics when it looks good enough.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
I think you have the same Brother machine that I have! It was around $70 from Walmart. I do 99% of my sewing with it...all of DD's outfits.
Probably do have the same. I've been pretty pleased with it so far. Maybe one day I'll tackle clothes.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
OK, this is my first attempt at sewing. It is a BBQ set that includes the apron, 8 napkins, 2 potholders and 1 oven mitt. The plaid material was a set of curtain toppers that I got at Goodwill for 3.99 and the navy material for 1.99 I also bought a Goodwill. It's not perfect by any means, but I made it by myself in the USA. :lol: I'm going to give it to a friend for her July birthday. Now, I am working on a purse made out of a placemat.
177_bbqset.jpg

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
That looks wonderful!! You did a great job!!

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
They're beautiful! Maybe I can learn to sew one day.

Inchy