OK, I'm going to do it. I am now addicted to it.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You did a great job! They really are cute.

So, what's the next project!:)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I did another placemat purse and now I am working on another denim bag for another niece. I'll post pics when they are done.

Next, I think I'll work on a tote bag.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
OK, here are my latest 2 purse projects. The red purse was a placemat and the handles were embroidery hoops. I have about $1.00 in it.

The denim purse was a pair of jeans. As I complete other projects, I'm going to use scraps to make different "belts" for it. That way, she can change the belts to match outfits. Her birthday isn't until July, so I have time. I have less than $3.00 in it.

177_purse2.jpg

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Adorable!!! Don't forget to get some velcro in dark and light colors next time you shop, it is very handy and easy to apply for a quick fastener. It doesn't re-use well, it wears out.

But you will soon have a collection of buttons and zippers and scraps that you salvaged before turning anything into rags!

My first quilt, at age 12-13, was made with material from discarded clothing, and took me months to collect and sew the pieces together (just 6" squares) but I loved it and was very proud of it!

Don't forget, too, stuffed animals are simple to make and the smaller ones can be made from scraps from clothing, too!

Sooo SS!!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
punkin said:
FarmerChick said:
That is so cool punkin....you did it! Did you enjoy sewing? I don't have patience and know it would be hard for me to start that and finish it..LOL

only way to get good at anything is practice and for being a first time project, you sure did well...that pic is great!
Ya know, FC, I actually did enjoy it. It just felt good to accomplish something I've never done before. And, as far as finishing a project . . . I have to do it. My DH calls me obsessive compulsive over it. :lol: Once I start something, it has to be finished.
Well then it was great you decided to take up sewing....as long as you enjoy it you got 'er whipped!

yea I am like you---I go nuts if I don't finish a project.....so now I am real careful BEFORE I start anything..HA HA...cause once involved, you gotta finish.....so being very leery of new things..HA HA

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
177_totebag.jpg

This is the tote bag I just finished this morning. It took about 3 days working off and on. I lined it and put a layer of fleece in for added shape. I didn't put a hard liner in the bottom 'cause I just forgot. :rolleyes:

Oh well. Just something else to keep me from cleaning the house.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very simple PJ's are really easy, pick up one of those Kwik Sew patterns for PJ pants, VERY SIMPLE.

They're only supposed to take like 30 minutes to complete, we made them at school when I took Fashion, I was taught how to sew by my mum when I was little so I knew what I was doing, but for everyone else it was the first time and everyone's turned out really nice.