OK, I'm going to do it. I am now addicted to it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is so cool punkin....you did it! Did you enjoy sewing? I don't have patience and know it would be hard for me to start that and finish it..LOL

only way to get good at anything is practice and for being a first time project, you sure did well...that pic is great!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
That is so cool punkin....you did it! Did you enjoy sewing? I don't have patience and know it would be hard for me to start that and finish it..LOL

only way to get good at anything is practice and for being a first time project, you sure did well...that pic is great!
Ya know, FC, I actually did enjoy it. It just felt good to accomplish something I've never done before. And, as far as finishing a project . . . I have to do it. My DH calls me obsessive compulsive over it. :lol: Once I start something, it has to be finished.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Thanks, all. But, if you'll notice, I did not include any close ups. :lol: It was actually quite enjoyable. I should have done this a long time ago, but was never encouraged to do so.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That certainly doesn't look like a first time project!

Home Maker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
They look great!

May I give you a little piece of advice? Buy a really good seam ripper and don't get discouraged the first time you have to rip something out. I bought one of the scalpel types at Clotilde's, but you may be able to get a better buy. It's well worth it.

When it comes to fabric, think outside of the box. My sister-in-law finds great deals at the thrift store on curtains or items of clothing that she turns into something else. For Christmas she made the most adorable matching aprons for my great niece and her great grandmother. She used one sundress and some red gingham and blue gingham. She also makes backpacks out of children's overalls.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Home Maker said:
They look great!

May I give you a little piece of advice? Buy a really good seam ripper and don't get discouraged the first time you have to rip something out. I bought one of the scalpel types at Clotilde's, but you may be able to get a better buy. It's well worth it.

When it comes to fabric, think outside of the box. My sister-in-law finds great deals at the thrift store on curtains or items of clothing that she turns into something else. For Christmas she made the most adorable matching aprons for my great niece and her great grandmother. She used one sundress and some red gingham and blue gingham. She also makes backpacks out of children's overalls.
Thanks for the advice and you are right.
I could have used that seam ripper on the oven mitt!! Frustrated me, but I was determined to finish it.

I have bought several table cloths, an old white sheet, and curtains from Goodwill. I have a bagfull now sitting beside my chair and ideas in my head.

I told my sister about the apron and she said she would like one with roosters on it for her birthday. She also wants a matching potholder. Coming right up . . .

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
OMG!! And this is your first project!! You are a natural!! I can't wait to see what other awesome things you make!