Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Goodwill has gotten smart. They sell the collectible stuff with online auction. And sell the books on amazon. But keep store prices decent.
Hm. That might not be so great. If I know I’m not going to find any neat finds at Goodwill because all the best books and other stuff that’s not junk is being reserved for on line customers, then I won’t be motivated to go and search through all their shelves of clutter.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's all about being able to find things! I get so frustrated when I can't find something!!

as long as someone else doesn't move things around on me i have a much better chance here in this room. out in the rest of the house i usually have to ask because Mom likes to keep moving things around.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
as long as someone else doesn't move things around on me i have a much better chance here in this room. out in the rest of the house i usually have to ask because Mom likes to keep moving things around.

DH thinks I'm silly about it, but labeling everything helps me coexist with my family. Mostly its DS13 stuffing things wherever, but DH puts things away in strange places in my kitchen too!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've been scanning, purging, e-filing, and filing stacks of papers. I made a dent in them today, but it's still an overwhelming backlog to work through. Scanning and e-filing is a slow process, but retrieval is easier for me.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been scanning, purging, e-filing, and filing stacks of papers. I made a dent in them today, but it's still an overwhelming backlog to work through. Scanning and e-filing is a slow process, but retrieval is easier for me.
Thanks a lot for mentioning papers. I got a desk full of receipts that I got to sort, add up and get ready for tax time. Phooey!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Funny, @baymule :lol:

Sounds exactly like where we are sitting. drag it to the burn pile ...
I am hoping the last room is the mud room and it can just go! Actually, it is a room that was added onto the house at some point - not by us. Construction was not up to standards, the floor is slanted a little bit and bounces - so either the joists are either not big enough or are spaced too far apart. The light fixture has a flicker problem, I swear that the builder is stuck in the ceiling trying to do Morse code for me to cut him out. The light fixture in the laundry closet has completely stopped working - it is on the same switch as the flickering light so I don't know what to think.

hate to say it but you need an electrician or someone with the knowledge to get it sorted out before it causes a further problem (like a fire). it could be an animal chewed or a poor connection or something easily fixed. you have replaced the bulb to make sure it wasn't that right? :)

if the construction was shoddy, then they probably messed up the wiring too IMO...

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH is taking care of it this weekend. He worked for an electrician as a high schooler and the guy taught him alot.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My biggest problem: I flit from one task to an other, and set things down... so I can go back to them again... later... I really need to organize all of my "to do" stuff in appropriate containers.

i'm a horizontal organizer, out of sight is out of mind when it comes down to projects. so if someone starts moving things around i'm all messed up. luckily i have Mom mostly trained to leave my room alone. clutter doesn't bother me (i don't leave food containers or dishes or clothes laying around) but dusting does. so i do that only a few times a year. i'm in the middle of dusting the floor finally and have also cleared off several shelves and dusted those so i've made good progress. i hope to finish by the end of the year. :)

i still have beans to organize, some squash seeds drying and then some other things to do too, but they are all good winter projects. i make progress through time. one thing for sure with a small house and one room for all of my stuff that if anything comes in something else has to go out.