Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Got it finished!!! Well...almost. Still have one work surface that needs sorting into small bins, but that's just a small work bench, so will work on that tomorrow.

Hauled stuff to the dump, some to Good Will and have some to sell.

Son, Eli, built me a large work bench in the shed that has storage under it and also placed a long shelf on either end of the shed for additional storage. Used pallet wood for all of that construction.

Before.....

1617843262759.png

....after...but still a little bit to put away and stuff to gather for the dump, but you get the picture...

DSCF0001 (2).JPG

Before....

1617844036299.png

After...new shelf over window and new work bench out of old pallet materials.

DSCF0005 (2).JPG

Before....

1617845099123.png

After....

DSCF0002 (1).JPG

....and the last little bit of clutter that remains to be finished tomorrow, some hardware and misc. items that defy a category, but mostly just hardware.

DSCF0009 (1).JPG

I've been thanking God all day long for the finish to this project, as this one allows us to better complete all the rest of this season's projects. Feels good to get this key part accomplished.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The end of our driveway is a hill that pops up quite abruptly onto the hard road, so no level area or space at the end at which to display the free items. I know....we have weird place to live.

There are no words for how wonderful it feels to go up into that shed now and choose tools to work with, grab items I need or store other items I need. There seems to be a place for everything now, no matter how odd the shape of it. Feels like walking on air!

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Too many toys, too much clothing, too many school supplies, too many dishes and tumblers and cups of all shapes, sizes and types. Amazon delivers something every other day and it's just more stuff they don't need and have no room for.
I get tired of people giving the kids toys all the time. I simply don't buy them anything that's not a big and outside toy and that being very rare and on sale. Bike's for example, yet all the little cars, small dinosaurs, on and on etc.... is already in the floor of every room by the end of every day. They are made to pick it up but it wouldn't be there if they didn't get some from everyone. Everyone saying they NEED these toys starting at the age when they were most entertained by watching the ceiling fan. They still enjoy boxes as much as toys.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We’ve done a lot of cleanup here too. Had stuff laying around outside, put on burn pile and hauled to neighbors dumpster. Then tackled screened front porch. I don’t know why we drop stuff on the porch, but we do. It was getting pretty bad. Over the last month, we have cleaned up the property and worked on porch. Yesterday I hit the porch at a dead run determined to really make a difference and it sure looks better now.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You wouldn't drive me nuts either....it would be like living with Mom. She does the dishes up and never leaves any overnight, rats around straightening and cleaning things up and I love it. I do the big declutter and the ongoing putting things away outside and she does the daily choring of dishes, sweeping, laundry, etc. We work well as a team, always have.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Prayed about how to design this rack so I could sort my small pieces into different stacks and God answered my prayers via Eli. Had him look at my build and was telling him I still wasn't sure how I could sort the small pieces and keep them well contained...and he came up with part of an idea, then I finished it and I think it's going to be pretty cool in the end. I'll even label those bins for size so I can store easily and also access according to what size my job is needing.

That's why two heads are better than one! Eli and I don't think alike when it comes to building, which makes it bad sometimes but also great, because we can bounce ideas off one another. He thinks of things I don't and I think of things he doesn't, so when we bring them together we often come to a good solution.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
We visited my daughter and her husband yesterday. Took two big boxes of stuff. The cardboard box pile in the garage is almost gone (I have managed to stick to my plan of ensuring the garage can is overfilled each week). Slow steady progress continues

Looking at a shelving unit to store the canning stuff.