Our New Dog Lucky~Warning Graphic Pics!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Yes, I agree, dac.

He's been sleeping most of the day away. He has little energy for much of anything else. He seems to be house broken, as each time I take him out he willingly goes and pees.

I am scared that we'll wake up tomorrow morning and find he passed away in his sleep!

I hope he holds on, though. Monday I plan to call my vet. Hope they can see him that day.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
He's probably just enjoying the fact that he has a nice, safe and warm place to rest. From the looks of him, he hasn't had that in a long time.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Awww. So glad you guys found him. He looks like a good dog.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, Lucky is still here this morning. :cool: I was seriously that scared, ya'll. I've never seen a dog this skinny. He seems to have made himself quite at home. He did have one accident last night by the back door. Sometime while we were sleeping he pooped by the back door. So glad it was on the linoleum, so it was easy to clean up. He seems to have a bit more energy this morning. He walked outside on his own to go potty, I didn't have to carry him LOL and he hopped off the porch on his own, didn't have to lift him down. He still needed help getting back up on the porch, but he waited patiently wagging his tail.

This is Lucky this morning. Yesterday he didn't seem to be able to curl up like this. He laid flat all day.
328_100_3268.jpg

328_100_3274.jpg

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Awwwww. . . It's going to be a Merry Christmas for Lucky.

How's he doing with the kiddos?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
He hasn't even bothered the kids. He curled his lip at Katie's puppy last night, tho, so I don't think he likes other dogs. He's paid no mind to the two cats.

He lets the kids pet him and just stares at them.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
He hasn't even bothered the kids. He curled his lip at Katie's puppy last night, tho, so I don't think he likes other dogs. He's paid no mind to the two cats.

He lets the kids pet him and just stares at them.
He may have had to fight other dogs for what little he did get to eat. After he sees that there is enough food to go around, he will probably get used to Katie's puppy.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Both dogs got a small pancake and egg for breakfast. With Karo syrup. :) Lucky would NOT eat his egg until I cut it up for him! :th This dog was someone's pet and was SPOILED. I really want to know what led up to him being in this condition.

Something else, he knows how to sit up and beg!! Dh gave him a treat and said, sit and he sat and then he sat up on his hind legs! So we tried again and said sit, so he sat and we said sit up and HE SAT UP :th

Someone is either missing a great dog, :hu or they no longer cared. :smack