Our New Dog Lucky~Warning Graphic Pics!

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We picked up a beagle from the side of the road a couple years ago. She was with 3 other dogs that someone obviously dumped out. She had worms so bad she was like a little zombie. She was skinny, but not terrible. You should watch out though! Lucky might end up eating too much and blimp out! We have a very fat beagle.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I'll make sure he gets plenty of exercise!

I am looking at the bright side, too...since someone already had him neutered, that's one less expense for me!! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow he is already neutured too.....that is great.
you have a nice dog at hopefully little expense then.

CONGRATS on your new pooch!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Lucky slept at the foot of my bed last night
Aly's next thread title: Natural remedies for flea bites....
Sure, but I haven't found a flea on him!!

And I actually have an all natural bug spray my friend in Missouri created called "Critter Gitter" and it works GREAT on all bugs....including fleas!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Congratulations to you and Lucky! I have loved many rescue dogs in my life. One is leaning on me right now! The first dog my husband and I rescued together actually found us, much like Lucky found your DH. He was hanging around our yard one morning. He played with DH's dog, Bear. He was a very skinny, very dirty, yellowish brown dog wearing only an old flea collar that hadn't worked for many months. We called the dog warden and let him know the dog was staying with us till its owner was found. After a few days the dog warden called and asked if we wanted him to pick the dog up. Ha! He lived with us for 13 years. After a trip to the vet for vaccinations, followed by a trip to the groomer to have approximately 7 million ticks removed, we discovered we had an almost adult unneutered male golden retriever. We suspect he was purchased from a pet store (he was far from show quality) and ran off, because he would take off from our yard every now and then. He always returned home and we eventually fenced our yard which solved that problem. He was the best dog I've ever owned. I need to stop now. I've highjacked your thread and I'm getting choked up.....
I hope Lucky has a long and happy life with you!! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, it is a sad report I have to give.

Last night Lucky decided to fill his gut around 2:30 am. He then needed to go out to potty. So I roused myself from a nice sound sleep and let him out. He came back to the door, scratched to come in and went back to filling is stomach straight from the bag!! This upset me a little, as he's never done that. Then he proceeded to dig in the trash. I got up again, moved both the bag of dog food and the trash out of his reach, and told him, "Bed, Lucky."

Lucky came back to the foot of our bed, curled up and went to sleep. At 6 am he was up again, went to the door, scratched to go out. I got up, got dressed, let him out, and went to put on my shoes to go out with him.

Lucky wasn't to be found.

And he didn't come back.

We searched all morning, and even called around. No Lucky. We aren't sure if he is trying to find his home, or if he is just a wanderer. He left without his morning treat and egg breakfast. :hit

I am glad to know he at least had 4 days of good meals and plenty to drink. I am sad though to think that he will be out in the weather, subject to the elements. I am undecided about putting up lost dog posters, but I did call the dog warden and reported him missing.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
QA, our Brittany Spaniel, Maddie, used to wander for a day and then come home the next morning. She was a dog we rescued from the streets. It could be that Lucky isn't used to the good life and that he will always wander. But maybe he will be back.
:hugs