Our Raised Garden beds...

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Looks great! Could you tell me about the hoop part? What materials you used. I`m surprised they bend like that.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
sparks said:
Looks great! Could you tell me about the hoop part? What materials you used. I`m surprised they bend like that.
The hoops over the top are 1/2 inch pipe, and they're just pushed into 1 inch pipe that is secured with some brackets. the 1 inch pipe was cut to about 6 inch lengths, I don't know off hand how long the 1/2 inch pipe is - just as it was purchased, I was going to cut some off but it seems to be ok as it is.

I was SO scared to bend it like that, I totally thought it was going to snap! :D

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Add some wheels and that could totally be a covered wagon!
:gig well it needs a floor.
I jokingly told my hubby we could get the big fat lazy goat to pull that thing!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Hey, you've got a red cattle dog! So do I and two blue ones too. :)
:D She's the funniest human/dog thing ever! Cracks me up and I swear she understands every word I say!

Some days I look at her and suddenly think - wow we've got a dog! :gig

So much personality, I find myself talking to her when there is nobody else home, and gosh darn it she listens! :gig

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I would vote for putting something under the bed for gophers as you suggested. We skipped that part, figuring our dogs would keep kritters out. Yesterday woke up to a huge tunnel dug under one of the beds and 1/2 of one onion bed uprooted :he And of course, now it's too late for me to go back and fix it... :D

Can't wait to see photos of your trees!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Wow- You grew 2 kids and a dog in that bed :bow and its still just spring. Great pics. I really think you're going to need one for the kids.