Out with the Old, In with the New

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry - but I want to know why folks think that these things are planned? Is there something I'm missing here? Do you think it's the gooberment? Do you have a reason why they would basically be trying to eradicate their population? It doesn't make sense to me. But, if you have a reason I'd like to be informed. Thanks!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I’ve said this on here before- but it makes literally zero sense for the government to want all of us taxpayers to starve to death. Or for the food companies, who helped pay for a lot of them to be elected, to lose profit in the process. There’s enough going on in the world to worry about without insane conspiracy theories.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Did R11 today. Next week Im on R2 Monday and Friday, R6 Wed, and another office on Thursday.
Was pretty light for mail today. Normally have 3 full trays of cased mail, but only had two. Alot of political fliers and magazines, though.
Not alot of smalls or packages so that was nice.
John is supposed to take off the first week of May so I'll be doing his route that week. Im not sure if I'll be doing it all week and have maybe Sunday off, which is normally Amazon day, or have one during the week off. If its during the week, makes me wonder who will be doing the route that day.
Guess it doesnt matter.
I was going to mow the yard when I got home, but just too darned tired. Im not supposed to be in to work til 9 tomorrow but Im going to be there at 8 so I make sure to get the Metris key. 😁

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I honestly don't "get" it. Our government is sending billions to another government to try to save them. It doesn't make sense to me that they'd be trying to kill us off. Maybe I'm missing something?
Its human nature to try to explain confusing, frightening, or mysterious events. That's what mythology, religions, and conspiracy theories all have in common. When we have a simple narrative that makes sense to us, we feel better.

Unfortunately right now social media algorithms have a radicalizing effect and its getting crazy out there. Social media shows whatever will capture your individual attention - which is whatever frightens you or causes outrage. Information capitalism is scary stuff - kiss humanity and society goodbye.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a refreshing experience at the local 1 person post office. I have a P.O. Box there, was mailing a letter to another post box there. In any other town I’ve ever mailed anything to anyone in the same town or box to box, it was picked up by a truck to be processed at a bigger town and trucked back.
Knowing this, I expected my letter to be put in a bag and sent off for processing.
Nope!
She canceled the stamp with an old fashioned rubber stamp and put it in the box!
I laughed and told her I’ve never seen the Post Office operate with such efficiency! We had a good laugh.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This morning before going into work, I cleaned out the meat chickens brooder, gave them fresh water and food, and swept out the barn.
Fed the chickens and rabbits and cleaned out the water bucket for the backyard rooster and gave him fresh water.
Took the old wooden chicken coop out of the backyard dog kennel I will be using for the meat chickens when they get moved out there probably next weekend, and put another doghouse out there with the other one that was already in there. Now there will be 2 so that should be good enough to house 24 chickens.
Maybe. :idunno
I may put 12 in the hoop house and 12 in the kennel. Yeah.....🤔
Washed the dishes and did laundry.
Took a shower because I was stinky......😊
Now.......off to work........high ho.....high ho......its off to work.......oh noooooooo:eek:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My PM called me today and told me that next week....actually the work week starts on Sat and goes to Fri.....I would be workimg Sat, Sun, and Mon at Springfield, then I would be working in Old Hickory Tues and Wed. :ep
Then do R2 Fri at the home office.
The week after that I'll be doing R11 pretty much all week because John will be off to be with his wife who is having surgery. Its nothing major, just surgery on her foot for something.
I asked that since Id be doing his route all week that would I have Sun off ( Amazon). She said Id never have a Sun off but that she'd look into it just for this one time.
Since Im his sub and by rights if he is off for some reason, Im supposed to be the one doing it since its my primary.
Guess I'll find out.
Not happy that I have to go to Old Hickory. Thats gonna suck.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here is a postal question for ya..

So I ordered a little thing.. probably normal letter size... but in a padded envelope...

It was returned to sender as "no mail receptacle"

I have been at THIS address, with THIS mailbox location (I think over the years, the box itself has been replaced twice) for TWENTY YEARS!!! And, I get mail, packages, and package slips for big boxes, all the time.

Yes... they had the correct address.

How does that happen?

Just one employee stamps it wrong? Tosses it into the wrong bin?

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here is a postal question for ya..

So I ordered a little thing.. probably normal letter size... but in a padded envelope...

It was returned to sender as "no mail receptacle"

I have been at THIS address, with THIS mailbox location (I think over the years, the box itself has been replaced twice) for TWENTY YEARS!!! And, I get mail, packages, and package slips for big boxes, all the time.

Yes... they had the correct address.

How does that happen?

Just one employee stamps it wrong? Tosses it into the wrong bin?
I have no clue.