Out with the Old, In with the New

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My sister got a rubber banded bundle of mail today, first delivery in a week. Several of her bills were marked as undeliverable. WTH? The Conroe post office is terrible on delivery and service. They can’t keep help. I’ve seen help wanted on doors of other post offices as well. New employees don’t get the benefits that old employees did.

You hang in there, you are doing a great job. It may not be the job it used to be, but it’s darned better than what you had.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There was a package that I brought back today because I couldnt find the box or house that had the address on it. I scanned it no such address and left it on the case for the girl who normally runs that route. I figured she would know where it went.
I drove down the road twice looking for where it was supposed to go but just couldnt find it.
Tomorrow I do Cedar Hill. That should be a better day.:fl

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My sister got a rubber banded bundle of mail today, first delivery in a week. Several of her bills were marked as undeliverable. WTH? The Conroe post office is terrible on delivery and service. They can’t keep help. I’ve seen help wanted on doors of other post offices as well.
Huh... maybe that is it.

A couple of the old timers at our PO are thinking of quitting.

There have been HUGE signs begging for people to apply for, what looks like, all positions! The pay looks really good, over $20 an hour for all of them.

But the jobs aren't filled yet... I guess no one wants to wake up that early.

So.... the workers are overwhelmed... and just stamp "no address" on everything instead of delivering anything. 🤣

Talking of not getting mail....

Soooo...

A truck of mail, coming to town... caught fire... driver got out ok... all mail and lots of packages burnt up. No idea why it caught fire.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had to go to Old Hickory Tues and Wed. Turned out not to be too bad but not too good, either. :barnie
The first day, I totally missed several stops because I started out on the route the wrong way. I also thought the first part, which had businesses on the main road, were dismounts. Not so. The next day, after I was done with the route, I had to go back to one address because I missed delivering a package. I pull into this parking lot that is where the route begins and what do I see? A row of mailboxes for all those dismounts I had done that morning. :he:th
Also, the first day, there is an apartment complex that is also a retirement village. I had no idea where the CBUs were. I had to go to the office and ask. Once I found them, it went ok....until I left and continued on the route. :barnie
I saw all this mail for Creedmore. Im thinking it was a road I had to do. Nope. :rantThat was the name of the road you turned into at the retirement village. I had no idea where that mail went. Ontop of that, after all the Creedmore mail was mail for the third retirement apartments. That I had just been to. :hitSo I had to go aaaalll the way back to deliver that mail. It was about half a tray full. Couldnt bring that all back. Wouldnt look too good. :hide
It wasnt until the next day I did the route that another carrier who used to do the route told me where the CBUs were for Creedmore.
Turned out that when you got to the third apartment complex, the boxes for Creedmore were to the right of the third apartment building. Tiny little back unit. Never saw it the day before. :oops:
So the next day, I start out on the route following the right line of travel this time, thinking things were running a little smoother this time. Ummm, nope. :barnie
I get all the retirement village boxes and Creedmore done, but had this one big box to deliver that wouldnt fit into the parcel locker. Office wouldnt let me leave it there so I had to go baaaack up the hill to put a 3849( thats a notice you leave after you scan the barcode to notify someone about an attempted delivery) into the CBU for that address. Now, Id already been to this 3rd unit twice. Think Im done? Nooooooo.....:he
I continue on. So then Im on this road delivering to that street. I look over at my smalls I scanned with the load truck feature on the scanner and what do I see? Four packages for the 3rd retirement complex. :barnie Back I go. Again. :th
Finally, Im done with this place. What a PITA.
It finally went a little better after that. There was this one road, Cinder Road, you delivered to that required a code to enter through this gate for the Army Corp of Engineers, but two days in a row, could not get the code to work. :mad: At all. :rantHad two mailboxes that was supposed to get mail inside, but couldnt get to them. No one would answer the call button, either. :idunnoThe second day, I had a package for one address there but couldnt deliver it because there was no access. I scanned it attempted, no access, put the date and my initials on it, and brought it back.
Did a little better on time the second day, but sure glad I dont have to go back. The PM over there wanted to know if I could come Monday, but I told her I had to do Johns route next week and didnt know what day I had off. If I dont have to go, Im not.:p

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Finished up the week doing R11 today. Im off tomorrow but will be doing things around the house. Plan on changing the oil in the power washer and cleaning the rabbit cages. Need to clean out the chicken coop, and put up the cattle panel for the tomatoes. Need to go get chicken feed and feed for the meat birds.
I havent even had time to start seeds this year. I planted green beans from seeds I saved last year a while back and they are coming up.
Onions are coming up as well as the potatoes. My blueberry bushes I planted last year are producing berries. Planted two varieties of raspberries couple weeks ago but it will be a while before they produce anything.
Get to do R2 Friday. Had to call and pitch a fit about the schedule because when the new one was posted, the PM had someone else doing the route. Im like, excuse me?
The schedule is supposed to be done according to your matrix, or what routes you chose to do. My primary is R11, secodary is R2. I dont have a third yet but hopefully will get to chose soon.
I had even called the union steward and he told me that I should be doing it not someone else. It was fixed, so no worries, but whenever the regular carrier is off, Im supposed to do it unless, like last Friday, I was doing my primary, R11.
Meat chickens are coming along good. No more losses so far. Hopefully, no more will. Ended up splitting them into two seperate pens so they have more room.
Baby bunnies are growing good, too. One has blue eyes. If its a girl, which it looks like it may be, Im keeping her. 😁🐇