Out with the Old, In with the New

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is soo great for you. I feel for the other carrier but that is life... sometimes it is just not fair. Having a set route, having better hours, and NOT HAVING all that stress is going to be nice... you won't know what to do with yourself......
How are all the animals? Still have the steers, or are they in the freezer????

And benefits... WONDERFUL

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is soo great for you. I feel for the other carrier but that is life... sometimes it is just not fair. Having a set route, having better hours, and NOT HAVING all that stress is going to be nice... you won't know what to do with yourself......
How are all the animals? Still have the steers, or are they in the freezer????

And benefits... WONDERFUL
Steers have been in the freezer since last year. Very tasty. And yes, it sure is nice knowing I dont have to be out late at night anymore, do splits, or Amazon.
Already signed up for the life insurance. Friend at work will help me with the other insurance and paperwork that needs sent in.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have an announcement........a few months ago two carriers quit so thier routes were vacant. The 1st of September the routes were put up for bid on the liteblue website.
I thought the two senior RCAs would get the routes and I'd be the next PTF.
Turns out one RCA couldn't get into liteblue to place her bid, but was told she could do a paper ballot.
Whoever told her that was wrong because according to our contract, paper ballots are no longer accepted.
It took a few weeks to get the results.
I bid for the heck of it just for practice, thinking I'd not get anything, and be the next PTF.
Not so. I got one of the routes. I was as shocked as anyone. The girl who should of gotten it didn't, because as I said earlier they no longer accept paper bids. Whoever told her that at HR was wrong.
She filed a grievance, but they emailed the O.I.C. and told her it would not go any higher, that basically it was dead in the water. But here is the clincher. Management told her to get a lawyer and sue.
Can you believe that?
If the USPS says its not disputable how is a lawyer going to get them to change thier mind?
The route was already awarded to me. They cant take it back.
I officially took over the route Sat, Oct 7th.
I wont have to split routes anymore and be out after dark.
No more Amazon Sundays, ( or Mondays if its a holiday).
No more parcel play. Thats where starting about mid- Nov to mid- Jan you had to be at the office at 6am to run just packages until 9am, then come back and case your route, run it and then probably have to split a route and be out til dark.
No more if that for me.
Paid holidays. Insurance. Paid leave and paid sick leave.
I never thought when I started this job, I'd be where I am now. You all know my journey, and I still find it unbelievable.

Congrats! I late to offer them, but just got internet back today

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
First week as a regular went pretty well. Thursday was a bear.......the day after Amazon prime......had to make two trips to get all the packages in my Jeep. It was stuffed to the rafters both times. I could only get the first 4 rows in the first trip. I delivered most if them to where I do my turn around.....drove back to the office and loaded up again. Lots of big boxes. Two of them I stacked ontop of each other and barely had room between them and the roof.
I still got done about 4:30 pm.
The next two days I was able to get everything into the Jeep, but it was stuffed again. Had to do alot of unloading to get packages out because of how I had to load.
Once I got some widdled down, it was a little easier finding stuff.
Ive been saving up to get another vehicle for a backup in case something happens to this one and has to go into the shop. Also for days like Thursday where there are alot of large packages.
Christmas is coming up so Im going to need it.
Im getting more comfortable casing the route. Still have to hunt and peck a little but the more I do it, the easier it will be.
Yesterday, I pulled mail from a box that clearly the house is vacant. I will hold it ten days and if its not claimed by then, it will be sent back.
There are several boxes that the previous carrier just kept putting mail in that are vacant. So I have to clean it up a little at a time.
Hopefully, there are two routes that will be eliminated and put on other routes. Mine will probably be one of them. That will build my route up and I'll make more money.
The boxes that are vacant will be dropped and that determines how much you make. With another route being cut and/ or eliminated and added to mine will build my route back up.
But so far so good.