Paleo diet

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I didn't know if it would offend any of our Creationsits on SS.

So I started my own thread on gluten/grain/legume/dairy-free.
I just ignore the premise of the "title" ;)

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wifezilla - 45 years of being snowjobbed by docs, and you figured it out in one post...I've got the Brain Cooties!!

Ok, i'm all zonkered up on meds from a really bad allergy asthma whatever attack (they kind when blood pressure drops, nearly pass out, can't breathe, etc.) All this because I got sloppy with my diet.

I think I like calling it the "Backyard Diet" over "Paleo". I'm a lousy gardener, if I really had to grow it I'd be in trouble. I just found out that what I'd finally figured out works is called something - the Paleo diet. No milk, soy, coconut, gluten, chocolate, sugar, additives, chemicals, molds.

You all are great. Now going over to find this adrenal fatigue thread...

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
it makes my stomach hurt terribly and other distressing symptoms. Which is a shame, I like it alot. Did the elimination diet for coconut, when trying to clear up all these symptoms.
I got hooked on coffee again at my sister's (yea, I'm blaming HER) so I need to quit. Again. Heartburn and insomnia.

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have heartburn issues with commercially canned tomatoes. Sometimes with my garden eggplants, but I'm just learning not to eat the really big ones that are too ripe. I haven't had any trouble with potatoes if of good quality. When I get enough tomatoes to can and freeze, I'll know if those give me heartburn too. Alot of this is already having my guts chewed up with other triggers. Caffeine and almost every brand of decaf but one - cheapo Aldi decaf. Tea and all that too. I've been very bad lately and am soooo sorry.

Bell peppers repeat mercilessly, but chili types not so much if at all.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
StupidBird said:
it makes my stomach hurt terribly and other distressing symptoms. Which is a shame, I like it alot. Did the elimination diet for coconut, when trying to clear up all these symptoms.
I got hooked on coffee again at my sister's (yea, I'm blaming HER) so I need to quit. Again. Heartburn and insomnia.
I know why it hurts!
Coconut in raw form is anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti viral.
It is proven to kill MRSA even.
The pain is caused by it going after stuff that is off balance in your gut.
This happens to DH every time he eats wrong and then has some coconut.
He gets quite sick.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
My supervisor at work has issues with all foods in the nightshade family. But I don't think it's those type of symptoms. She breaks out around her mouth. I used to have the heart burn issues and blamed tomato sauce for a long time until I figured out it was actually the pasta/pizza crust etc. I was reacting to. I had issues with peppers for a long time too. Now I can eat them with out any problems but I'm not sure why.

Latest posts