Paleo diet

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yep, dairy is hard for most people to digest.

As for legumes, they are a protien but are very high carb, if not prepared properly they are also hard to digest.

Many of us minimize our consuption of foods that offer little nutrition and are high carb, prefering to fill up on good carbs that pack a nutritional punch...like veggies.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
They also leave out "new world" foods since evolving man would not have had access to them during the paleolithic period.
As in boxed, canned brightly colored faux food.....fruit loops, cheez its, baked beans, rice a roni....:gig

If your great grandmother would not recognize it as food, then don't eat it :thumbsup

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Give up my pinto beans - never, I say! I know they cause my sugar to spike, I know I shouldn't eat them as often as I do! Does it help that I pile on the mayonnaise? It's a fat isn't it?

I could go along with everything on that diet except giving up beans, not just pintos, but green beans, too.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
Give up my pinto beans - never, I say! I know they cause my sugar to spike, I know I shouldn't eat them as often as I do! Does it help that I pile on the mayonnaise? It's a fat isn't it?

I could go along with everything on that diet except giving up beans, not just pintos, but green beans, too.
Yeah, I do modified paleo so I can include some beans and dairy. I don't seem to have any difficulty with either in moderation. I did eliminate peas though. It was a good excuse and I hate them!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Ditto what Hen said....we still do corn tortillas on occasion and once in a great while we have beans.

Green beans are a veggie though, not the same category.

Corn, peas and legumes are seeds.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
One time a roommate threw a can of peas in with lots of mayo and onion powder. I thought I was going to vomit.