PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I have always wanted a large family! My mom was one of 9, dad one of 9, stepdad one of 12. I only have 1 brother and 1 sister. When I was growing up we always spent nearly every weekend at my grandma's house with all the cousins and all the adults played poker! I LOVED IT!! We would play hide and seek in the dark for hours!! Then when my grandma passed away in my early teens the whole famliy...aunts and uncles all separated and did not get together anymore. My sister and I never got along and we barely see each other once a year now.
I would love to have more than two more but pregnancy is always so hard on me that I think two more is going to be my limit. I would love to have 10 more if DH would let me adopt but he won't!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I envy you darlin' . I think I would like to have one or two more but I am not a happy pregnant person. I am one of those moody, bitchy, get outta my way pregnant ladies.

I think that I had some post partum with Maddie cause I was just not right. My husband threatened to leave if I didn't get help...I would cry all the time and yell at everyone and never leave the house and I hurt all the time, it was awful. Bless him cause he was right...started going to therapy and after the second visit she said that she thought I needed an antidepressant. Went to my family doc and she gave me cymbalta for the depression, anxiety, and fibromyalgia (also a reason not to be pregnant again).

I'm much better now...still do therapy 2 times a month as preventative medicine, and a break from the kids! :D

I have my boy and my girl and if we ever want more we want to adopt...if we ever had a bigger house we might consider foster care once the kids got older.

Has your ob said anything about you not having any more with the problems you've had?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Our two are 8 years apart, so they were kind of like two only children.... kel at the beginning and jon at the end of their time living at home.

Well, PP, make sure you do the bed rest, like the doc ordered! My one sister ended up bed rest the last trimester with her last one. They told her no more after that, as it was too dangerous. Her oldest is 31 and the youngest 13.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My OB has never said no more. I have Chronic Gestational Hypertension and it has been managable everytime. She was not even concerned today about me going into preterm labor because I got the steriod shot last week and she feels that the baby is now developed enough to be healthy...or she was at least trying to keep me from worrying about delivering early so I would not get anxious. Anytime in the womb now is just better and better. DD was only one week early and I was only just starting to show signs of preeclampsia and both me and my OB had court dates on the following Monday (completely unrelated cases) so it just worked out for both of us to induce me a week early because I was not going to make it through the weekend and would have ended up in the hospital on that Monday if I was not induced. The main reason I am having trouble with the blood pressure is because I weigh more this time than last time. I was 184 pounds the day I delivered DD....lost the weight and slowly gained it back until I got pg weighing 184 pounds again! I now weigh 205. I want to wait until I can get my wieght down to at least 150 before I get pg again and then I am pretty sure I will be able to avoid a lot of the blood pressure problems. So, basically I know it is my own fault because I should have tried to lose weight before I tried to get pg.

I have never had post partum depression...I call it pre partum depression. I don't want to get off the couch or out of bed unless I have to! I am actually liking the idea of being on bedrest because then I have an excuse to stay in bed all day!!! But, as soon as I deliver I am ready to walk out of the hospital and be back to my life!! I have a couple of friends at church that have gone through serious post partum depression and for them it is dibilitating.

The biggest thing for me is that I have such a supportive family!! My mom offered to come up in the morning and pick up 6 yo and possibly 3 yo too. The older three boys are completely content and behaved to just everything that I asked and then scatter to go watch tv. They will watch tv literally all day and not make a peep if I let them. 3 yo does good as long as one of the older boys are at her beck and call. But, 6 yo...a great kid...but tends to want to take advantage of the older three boys and then throw a fit if they do not do exactly what he wants and the older three tend to pick at him a bit more. My MIL will take all the kids anytime she has the night off from work. She actually gets offended if I ask my mom to watch the kids before I ask her. My MIL usually always has the kids one day a week just so I can do all my running to town. So, Friday is MY day! My Mom and MIL's houses are on my way to everywhere I go so it is so easy drop the kiddos off everytime I go to do something. If my family was not so helpful it would probably be a whole different story!!

I think my MIL likes to help us by watching the kids for us because my BIL and his wife make GOOD $$ and are in debt up to their eyeballs and are always asking her for $$. We have never asked her for $$...she does not have a whole lot. So, her way of helping us is to help with the kids so we can NEVER complain about the $$ she gives to BIL (and we never would) because she does so much for the kids. And BIL does not have any kids but she gives him $$ so it is even as far as I am concerned. Although it drives my DH crazy that his brother asks his mom for $$ when he makes so much!

My mom and I are like best friends. There have been a couple of comments made about how my BFF treats her mother and her mother treats her. My BFF's mother totally favors her brother over her. But, my BFF forever can not talk decently to her mother at all. My mom made the comment "Which would you do more for? The one that talks to you and treats you nice or the one that refuses to talk to you?" My sister treats my mom like crap!! I told my mom she is stuck with me and there is nothing she can do about it!! And she HAS to listen to me talk to her for hours on end about nothing and she has no choice because she is not getting rid of me!!!:plbb

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
PP,

You have such a supportive family. It means alot when they are willing to give you a break, when YOU need it.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
My mom and granny are really supportive but can also be smothering and controlling sometimes. Love them to pieces but sometimes I just have to be away from them for my own sanity. They have been better since I had children...drive Chad crazy most of the time.

Now my MIL...there's a piece of work...she is bi polar, I swear. I love her but feel like I am walking on eggshells every single time she comes to visit. She threw us out of the house when we were engaged... over some pyrex dishes (she tried to pack up some of mine and I left her a note saying that those were mine) I was working nights so I didn't get home until like 2 or 3 am so when she got up at 6am to pack up her stuff and I was still asleep she got pissed. She got transferred to NC and so we took over her mortgage payments so that she didn't have to sell the house and get stuck down there if she didn't like it. When she came back to get some of her stuff she just went all mental and threw us out.

She lives 6 hrs away so we don't see her that often...she's the one that keeps bringing us animals. She keeps threatening to bring us a goat for the kid's birthday. I want goats eventually but not now. I think it would just be easier to handle them when the kids are a little older, ya know?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Yep, my family is totally awesome! They just roll their eyes when I mention having more kiddos! My MIL NEVER says congrats when she finds out I am pg! She always waits until the baby is here before she celebrates. I think it is just because she is a major worry wart!! And since I am always so high risk it just makes her nervous. When I got pg this time my mom was like well it will be nice to have a baby around it seems like it has been forever since there was a baby born. DD will be 4 before this baby is born and she has been talking and potty trained for what seems like forever!

I say I want two more because if I spread them out a little...like they are now...13 yo will be 18 in just 5 very short years and will be having me some grandbabies within a few years after that and I will only be 35! So, if I have another one when I am 32 or 33 then my last around 35 then my youngest baby will be around 3 when 13 yo is 21 and I will be wanting grandbabies I can send home rather than my own babies!!
I plan on being the BEST grandma ever!!!! I want to have sleepovers like one weekend a month and take ALL of my grandbabies so my kiddos can have breaks! I have this vision in my head of having like 10 grandbabies over at one time!! Of course that will not be for like another 10-15 years before that will happen!
My 13 yo says he only wants one or two children. 11 yo has never said how many he wants...just a couple. 9, 6 and 3 yo each want a TON of kiddos!! I don't think 6 yo will marry a girl unless she wants 20 kids because he is obsessed with my belly and loves everything about it!! He actually told me the other day when we were snuggled up in bed before we got up in the moring "Mom I love girls more than you do!" We were talking about the baby being a girl. I responded "So, you think you love your sister more than I do?" His response "No, she doesn't count she is my sister. I love girls!!!!" LOL!!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I've told DS he can give me a grandchild when I am about 50, only about 7 short years away. That's still pretty young. He will be around 25 and that's a good age for him, too.

Now, in 2-3 years, we'll start looking for a gal for him that will work with us. :lol:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Girl, you are too cute! You have everything all planned out to the t, don't you? Your 6 yr old is so precious...he likes girls now but give him a few years and he'll probably be just as annoyed with us as other teens!

I'm glad you're getting some rest and you seem to be feeling pretty good so :fl 3 more weeks 3 more weeks 3 more weeks

I would love to have a bigger family and I'm sure my mom would love some more grankids. It is just me and my little brother and he is gay, so I'm it for kids. I really would love to adopt and there are so many kids out there that need good homes. We have always wanted to adopt eventually...we have always talked about it, even before we got married.

Are you able to do any more projects now that you are on bedrest?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Adoption is definetly a blessing!! I have cousin who adopted from Tailand because she did not want to have to worry about the parents coming back after the kids and then he DH talked her into going through the local foster care system and before they even got their license they were notified that they were going to get a 2 year old little girl and a 3 week old baby boy that are permantly available! It only took them 5 months! They were being placed over Christmas.