PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Congrats, Pam!!! Good job, but sorry about the 2 inches you didn't want to lose. :)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thanks!

Haha! Now I am just wondering if my IRL friends that are on my facebook (where I also posted that comment) are going to be looking 'there' to see if they can tell I lost two inches where I didn't want to! It just seems ironic because I actually think they look bigger because my belly is so much smaller! LOL!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I have hit the jack pot the last week for stuff! A lady at my church has been going through her mother's stuff because her mom is going to a nursing home....so my mom and I have been helping her and we have been getting all kinds of junk...I mean treasures!! I got a shoe box full of zippers! A few pillow cases for pillow case dresses...and two of them have hand needle point work on them!! Sheet sets! A ton of nice towels, hand towels and wash cloths!! A TON and I do mean a TON of fabric!! My mom, Betty, me and Vicki (the lady who gave me the stuff) are going to each spend the next several Tuesday's and make our own quilts and that will not even put a dent in the fabric! It was two tubs fulls of fabric....think 6 garbage bags full!! Plus we are giving the equivelent of 10 garabe bags full to another lady at church of fabric we do not like or that can not be used for quilts!!
I got a microwave popcorn maker...that really works! Lunch containers for DH to take his lunch to work in. I also got LOTS of elastic and lace and odds and end notions! She let me keep 4 or 5 big rubbermaid storage tubs...as she was going through emptying stuff out she let me have some tubs she was no longer going to use. Buttons. Plastic canvas sheets. 10 bags of polyfil cotton stuffing. A nice softsided cooler. Lots of other things I can not think of.

A bowling bag (literally a bowling bag) full of silverware!! It is all tarnished and has to be cleaned up. I have not even gone through it to see if there is a whole set in there or not. So my question is: Is silverware really worth anything as 'silver'???
Off the wall question: Like if TSHT fan is it tradeable as being silver??

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Also Betty, the lady who is teaching me how to sew, bought a new (used) Viking Designer II embroidery machine!! So it is kind of like having my very own embroidery machine that I have complete access to without having to buy one!! I think she is planning more projects that I can use with it than her own projects!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great score on the notions and fabric. I am sure you will make good use of it all. I bet the older woman it is coming from will be happy to know it will be put to good use.

I have no idea if the silver is worth any thing but I have a great way to clean it. Put some aluminum foil in the bottom of a bowl. Put the silverware on top. Pour a bunch of baking soda on it. Then pour boiling water over the top. It will bubble and steam. When done your silver will look 99% better no scrubbing needed.

Then maybe you could sell it. Who knows. If you can identify the maker maybe do an e bay search and see if it's selling. some of those brands are hard to find an people are always looking for replacements.

I hope your summer is going well. Good luck. Gina

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thank you for the recipe for cleaning silverware!!! I have all of that stuff and just sent my oldest to put a pot of water on to boil!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Sooooooooo jealous! Congrats on the stuff, I want pics of the quilts!!! :)